ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of the headaches were fixed with 2021.4.

That said, these fixtures require a 2.4ghz wifi network. Have you gotten them connected to your own network at all? What type of router / access point is in use if not.

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have both 2.4 and 5 ghz with my eeuro router, and it shows the master being connected. IDK.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having difficulty syncing multiple fixtures together (master/slave) and connecting to Wifi. Any tips?

Id recommend starting with Firmware. Here are some tips:

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After a ton of research and much debate, it looks like I am going to give Stratons a go.

I am debating between 3 or 4 Stratons over a a Red Sea S-1000 (82.7"x26.75"x25.6) predominantly SPS mixed reef. Any suggestions between 3 or 4 Stratons?

As for mounting, how is everyone spacing them?
  1. 3 Stratons: Twice as much spacing between fixtures as the distance from the edge of the tank to the fixture. This would give me 9.1" of open space between the fixtures and 4.5" between the fixture and the end of the tank.
  2. 3 Stratons: Equal distance between the fixtures and the edge of the tank to the fixtures. This would give me 2.2" of open space between the fixtures and 11.4" between the fixture and the end of the tank.
  3. 4 Stratons: Twice as much spacing between fixtures as the distance from the edge of the tank to the fixture. This would give me 5.5" of open space between the fixtures and 2.8" between the fixture and the end of the tank.
  4. 4 Stratons: Equal distance between the fixtures and the edge of the tank to the fixtures. This would give me 0.7" of open space between the fixtures and 10" between the fixture and the end of the tank.
I'm leaning toward Option 2 as the S-1000 has eurobracing on the sides (I'm guessing 2" to 3") and typical coral isn't flush up against the side of the tank, and it might allow some lower light LPS on the sides.
I run 3 Stratons over a 59" (525XL) to good effect. No shading in my acropora.

Yes, several of my LPS got too hot and I had to place them in some shade. 10" off the water.

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having difficulty syncing multiple fixtures together (master/slave) and connecting to Wifi. Any tips?
You got them well done did you get three or four I bought them so they almost touch each other buy once cry once so to speak.

have you done the firmware upgrade I had issues until I did that

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread exemplifies the best of R2R. So grateful for all the incredible info and how y’all are just trying to help each other succeed.

I’m sold. Ordering 3 Stratons for my incoming 6’ setup.

A couple of questions:

1) Anyone with multiple Stratons mounted them the traditional way hanging like a pendant light from the ceiling? I really like that look and plan to do that with my 3. Any advice or tips for hanging them/getting them even?

2) Am I correct that each light can be set to run different parameters? My tank will have SPS on one side and LPS on the other. Will it be possible to run the light over the LPS at lower intensity than the other two lights?

Last edited:

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1) Anyone with multiple Stratons mounted them the traditional way hanging like a pendant light from the ceiling? I really like that look and plan to do that with my 3. Any advice or tips for hanging them/getting them even?

I am very particular, so I used a Milwaukee 3-plane laser level. It's not cheap though (~$600).

2) Am I correct that each light can be set to run different parameters? My tank will have SPS on one side and LPS on the other. Will it be possible to run the light over the LPS at lower intensity than the other two lights?

You are correct, and each light is divided front/middle/back that can be operated independently.

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm beginning to wonder if I should have went with four fixtures instead of three... for my Red Sea S1000 (82.7"x26.75"x25.6") predominately SPS mixed reef. ATI recommended three.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am very particular, so I used a Milwaukee 3-plane laser level. It's not cheap though (~$600).
Did you hang them the traditional way (using the included hanging kit directly from the ceiling)? Mind sharing a pic or two?

I see we have similar tanks...I'm getting a RedSea Reefer-S 850 G2 :)

mstgkillr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you hang them the traditional way (using the included hanging kit directly from the ceiling)? Mind sharing a pic or two?

I see we have similar tanks...I'm getting a RedSea Reefer-S 850 G2 :)

I did, but they are currently over my 900 3XL, which I will be taking down for the S1000. I'll try to take a picture when I get home today.

HBtank

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am considering this light for a 3-foot tank, specifically the Cade 900S2. SPS dominant, but mixed tank.

Seems like there isn't quite enough missing coverage to justify 2 (frankly most top lights end up in that situation). Based on most recommendations, with one light there will be 2.5" at the ends of the tank that are not covered, and obviously increasing some going up vertically. I guess I could raise it some to compensate, but am unsure about that.

This will be in my room and near a bed (facing a side), so reducing spillage out the sides may not be a bad thing. Seems like it will have plenty of coverage front to back. Too bad the Pro models wont be here anytime soon, looks like some better options for rectangular tank sizes with the new models.

Any users have comments on how one light would be on a 35.5"L x 24"W x 24"H tank? This seems like a very elegant solution for me (the passive cooling is a big win).

For reference, I was looking at the Kessil AP9X, which would technically have better coverage for my planned tank per recommendations (24" by 48" versus 30" x 30"), but I think there is some +/- there as it would have more shadowing* in the areas both cover (*due to the point source design of Kessil). I was also looking at the Apex Sky light, but it seems to have about the same coverage (although the max for that one fits my tank exactly) but I don't want to use the Radion mount (I guess the Straton mounting isn't really "better", anything can be ceiling hung).

Last edited:

Njdevils1220

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup two new Stratons and was wondering if there is a quick preset option to change the light color for say taking photos or maintenance mode? This programming takes some getting used to.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just setup two new Stratons and was wondering if there is a quick preset option to change the light color for say taking photos or maintenance mode? This programming takes some getting used to.
The only "preset" is the default program, however you can simply make your own, save it and quickly reload it back to the fixture whenever you see fit. You can save various "Photography", "All blue", "normal" programs and quickly swap them in and out once created and saved.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for my three Stratons in today! LFS was able to have them drop shipped to the store directly from @ATI North America

Popped one open in the shop…LFS was very impressed. So excited to get these set up when the new build comes in three and a half weeks!

Doing the traditional way, hanging from the ceiling. Any tips or tricks to help me line them up evenly?

And any advice for connecting to them via WiFi? Tried at the store and wasn’t having any luck

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just for my three Stratons in today! LFS was able to have them drop shipped to the store directly from @ATI North America

Popped one open in the shop…LFS was very impressed. So excited to get these set up when the new build comes in three and a half weeks!

Doing the traditional way, hanging from the ceiling. Any tips or tricks to help me line them up evenly?

And any advice for connecting to them via WiFi? Tried at the store and wasn’t having any luck

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The bar/brackets which we still cannot access make hanging them together much easier..

m.kristoff

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I ordered a Straton! I plan to run it over a 48x30x24 155. I also plan to run 2 A360's on either side of it. Problem is that it has to be mounted about 12.5" above the water. Currently running the 2 kessils and a Gen 5 xr15 pro as 70% and getting about 150 par at the bottom. Im pretty sure the Straton will fill in the gaps I have now. At that hight, should I start out around 60%?

Last edited:

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 37 57.8%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 17 26.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back