ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 4 on an 8ft tank space evenly across about 14 inches off the water. If I go lower my LPS get an attitude which then requires me to turn down the intensity which is already around 60%
How deep is your tank? I have 5 planned for my 10' tank, 30" deep. I planned to mount them about 7-8" off the water.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to run 150 par at bottom. I expect that the Straton could easily better that, so running it lower than 100% will be likely.

I may just see if I can train my LPS to take 250 par.
When I switched from 8X80 watt ATI T5, I very carefully and intentionally tried to match PAR levels throughout the tank.

In the beginning, I will say that my LPS were not really psyched about the Stratons, and I had to knock back peak power a few notches. Every couples weeks I would add a little back and they adjusted okay. A lobo and some acans actually needed a little shade.

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I switched from 8X80 watt ATI T5, I very carefully and intentionally tried to match PAR levels throughout the tank.

In the beginning, I will say that my LPS were not really psyched about the Stratons, and I had to knock back peak power a few notches. Every couples weeks I would add a little back and they adjusted okay. A lobo and some acans actually needed a little shade.
I have a PAR meter so I could do that, match PAR levels, but my frag tank is kind of a mishmash of LPS colonies and some SPS frags. So I am thinking of making the new tank start with the end goal PAR values, rather than walking them up as things grow in. I am probably over thinking it, lol.

I am anxious to use the blanket of PAR the Stratons are known for, but I have so many other things to worry about before light settings :D

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful fixture. I think I will usevone of these larger panel style leds for my next build. I like how sleek it is, and the localized dimming in 3 zones gives you a great ability to ramp your lighting. As a bonus, you could extend your photo period with that dimming and help with pH.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan to run 150 par at bottom. I expect that the Straton could easily better that, so running it lower than 100% will be likely.

I may just see if I can train my LPS to take 250 par.
Yes you can easily get 120 par at the bottom with these lights. I could never get by LPS trained to accept par above 100. Something about these lights that makes LPS’s quite finicky

m3p

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning a 108 long X 36 deep x 30 tall with drop off to 48“ on the last 2 feet. How many of these would I need And would a single unit cover front to back on that depth tank? I have 24 inches above tank to adjust height of units.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMO, 4 would work but 5 would be ideal depending on what you plan to keep. As far as covering the 36 inch depth, IMO yes they would as long as you dont plan on keeping corals around the outside edges like sps that demand high PAR levels.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would overall try and mount the Stratons as high as you can get away with especially for a mixed reef. I documented my struggles with LPS when going to the Stratons and I completely agree with @ScottB

Mounting them higher matters even with the same PAR number, I saw the best coloration and growth with my SPS in the 330 range.

Take the advice for what it’s worth- 2 cents

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Y'all might want to hold off on buying one. They announced a Straton Pro.
LOL, of course they have. I don't even have my stratons mounted yet and they already have an upgrade. Also I do like the idea of a reflector much better than a diffuser. I am going to do my best to not upgrade to these until I have had a chance to use the v1 stratons. After all, I don't want to miss out on the Straton Pro Plus's when they come out! :rolleyes:

xabo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

roberts01

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i just ordered ati stratons for my tank, bought 2 for my 160cm tank, previously i was running ati powermodule, at hybrid and now decided to go full led.

a question, at what percentage should i start acclimating my sps/lps to led with ati straton?

Justin Thibodeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, i just ordered ati stratons for my tank, bought 2 for my 160cm tank, previously i was running ati powermodule, at hybrid and now decided to go full led.

a question, at what percentage should i start acclimating my sps/lps to led with ati straton?
Did you notice the Straton Pros are about to be released?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 147 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back