ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
O/T.... History anyone?

Btw Without German made train tire and rails the US railroads wouldn't go ave been what they were.
AsI recall US tires had a tendency to fall apart..

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you explain what you mean by Preset colors? Do you mean they shifted the spectrum to less UV output from the previous firmware?
Fairly self explanatory..
The UV and violet content of the predefined colors has been reduced somewhat. This
change in the color preset ensures even more gentle irradiation of the corals. Although these
settings deviate somewhat from the natural spectrum, the radiation stress is reduced for the
coral.
This applies to the colours: LPS+, LPS/SPS+, SPS plakativ+ and Flourescent+. The new
spectra of colors can be found under....
Interesting statement.
You can crank it all you want in " custom" would be my guess.

Btw who is Tom? ("Toms corals" preset)

Last edited:

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Fairly self explanatory..

Interesting statement.
You can crank it all you want in " custom" would be my guess.

Btw who is Tom? ("Toms corals" preset)

No, it's not fairly explanatory. You're missing the hidden wording.

They're saying that the UV and Violet was basically too powerful and most likely causing some people to do harm to their corals. ATI has corrected that received issue by downgrading the voltage to the UV and Violet leds or by some other method. They also mention less "irradiation" toward corals. Irradiation is another term that means to lessen intensity output.

It's a downgrade, any way you look at it. Hence the reason I wanted ATI to explain more in depth.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are Germans so good at engineering, but so bad at wifi/app connectivity. The straton's software post update is actually surprisingly awful. Wish I didnt update mine.
This may or may not be the case for you, but much of the issues people have with the WiFi is due to the large insulating bodies of water where the drivers are mounted. Be careful not to tuck them in behind your tank or sump where signals have a hard time reaching them. Wifi as far as I know won't pass through water. This is different than say an AI or ETM light where its sitting on top of the tank well exposed to Wifi signals. Perhaps the Germans should run an antenna into the fixture for this reason, that would however likely make it more expensive.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0

They're saying that the UV and Violet was basically too powerful and most likely causing some people to do harm to their corals. ATI has corrected that received issue by downgrading the voltage to the UV and Violet leds or by some other method. They also mention less "irradiation" toward corals. Irradiation is another term that means to lessen intensity output.

It's a downgrade, any way you look at it. Hence the reason I wanted ATI to explain more in depth.

It's not a downgrade, they lowered the intensity in the presets. @oreo54 is correct, self explanatory.

You can set it (UV intensity) to whatever you want.

ATI already posted that fixture's capability has not changed.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Its not a downgrade, its an adjustment to the pre-created color choices you can choose,,,, or NOT choose. If you make your own color you still have the access to the same amount of "voltage to the uv and violet LEDs" as previously.

Custom colors: Preselected blend of each available color output.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
It's not a downgrade, they lowered the intensity in the presets. @oreo54 is correct, self explanatory.

You can set it (UV intensity) to whatever you want.

ATI already posted that fixture's capability has not changed.

Let's hope it means what you think it does and it's only the presets. I think it goes a bit deeper than that, but again, for every Straton owner, let's hope you're right.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Its not a downgrade, its an adjustment to the pre-created color choices you can choose,,,, or NOT choose. If you make your own color you still have the access to the same amount of "voltage to the uv and violet LEDs" as previously.

Custom colors: Preselected blend of each available color output.
Thank you for the extra explanation. That's good.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's hope it means what you think it does and it's only the presets. I think it goes a bit deeper than that, but again, for every Straton owner, let's hope you're right.

Note the title of the section

Predefined colors:
The UV and violet content of the predefined colors has been reduced somewhat.

Please also keep in mind this was authored by the Germans, in English. Most ATI English you find is written by us, this was not.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is a german reseller. In germany many people, essentially follower of Jörg Kokott from the Sangokai method,believe UV and Blue light is harmfull and recommand to use them carfully one of the preset in the ATI Straton is from him. They principally use white light

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it is a german reseller. In germany many people, essentially follower of Jörg Kokott from the Sangokai method,believe UV and Blue light is harmfull and recommand to use them carfully one of the preset in the ATI Straton is from him. They principally use white light
Yea I noticed that in the published spectrums. Looks like most of not all of the "violet/ UV" was turned off.
The "correction" as stated dimmed but not eliminated them.
Only the "shallow reef" and "deep sea" presets pushed uv/ violets to max.

Since the spectrums are relative there is some slop in the assessment. Mostly assuming rb/ b are close to 100%

In "toms" case it favors 470-ish over rb.

Meerwasser Fan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I noticed that in the published spectrums. Looks like most of not all of the "violet/ UV" was turned off.
The "correction" as stated dimmed but not eliminated them.
Only the "shallow reef" and "deep sea" presets pushed uv/ violets to max.

Since the spectrums are relative there is some slop in the assessment. Mostly assuming rb/ b are close to 100%

In "toms" case it favors 470-ish over rb.
According to one of Toms YT videos he wanted to get the spectrum similar to Radeons. Please keep in mind that he is using the Straton Pros, not the "old" Straton.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the Stratons still in production?

I am using the dimmable 8 x54w and runs so well but it won't last forever.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back