ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this light discontinued? It seems BRS seems to think that. I would not buy 1k light immediately discontinued.

spsick

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this light discontinued? It seems BRS seems to think that. I would not buy 1k light immediately discontinued.
They can’t get the materials to build them consistently is my understanding.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only similar light is Philips Coral Care. They never got much traction either. It does not seem to be a level playing field based on technology alone.

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m feeling paranoid now in Australia with the three over my tank… do I need to buy one or two spares? They are really quite expensive at almost $1700 here each.

Love them to death though, quiet, cool running, wall of light…

The new app is great too - I forgot how to access my lights via wifi and the new app does the auto search for them… impressed.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m feeling paranoid now in Australia with the three over my tank… do I need to buy one or two spares? They are really quite expensive at almost $1700 here each.

Love them to death though, quiet, cool running, wall of light…

The new app is great too - I forgot how to access my lights via wifi and the new app does the auto search for them… impressed.
"Technically" by the time you have a failure it will be 5 plus yrs down the road.
If you run them at 100% you "may" lose about 20% by that time.
The diode lifespan is so long that predicting their failure is a best a educated guess.
The usual weak link is the power supply.
In this case the Meanwell has:
Lifetime >50,000 hrs and 5 years warranty

Last all you have is drivers and control IC's. Both of which have long lifespans when properly built.

Last edited:

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"Technically" by the time you have a failure it will be 5 plus yrs down the road.
If you run them at 100% you "may" lose about 20% by that time.
The diode lifespan is so long that predicting their failure is a best a educated guess.
The usual weak link is the power supply.
In this case the Meanwell has:

Last all you have is drivers and control IC's. Both of which have long lifespans when properly built.
So you’re telling me that the most likely failure point is powersupply which can be easily replaced through warranty (or just bought off the shelf) and that it is so well made that if it has been running for nearly 2 years (as mine have) I should be ok?

And that by the time I have a failure I would probably be looking to replace all three anyway?

I.e. you are saving me $1700 aussie dollarydoos? :)

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you’re telling me that the most likely failure point is powersupply which can be easily replaced through warranty (or just bought off the shelf) and that it is so well made that if it has been running for nearly 2 years (as mine have) I should be ok?

And that by the time I have a failure I would probably be looking to replace all three anyway?

I.e. you are saving me $1700 aussie dollarydoos? :)
That is "my" feeling, yes.
This UBER -expensive light has a 10 yr warranty on the light head..Oddly 3 yr on the power supply.

Opp's 2 yrs..
They are powered by a Mean Well HLG-240H 24-A driver and offer an up to 10 warranty on the light unit, and a two year on the driver.
Oddly Meanwell themselves gives it a 7 yr warranty.
MEAN WELL 7 year warranty

Last edited:

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've installed the new firmware and connected my 3 Stratons to the app. I can access the lights and change setting from my phone now, which is wonderful! However, now when I change the setting on one light it uploads that change to ALL THREE lights. I'd like to be able to adjust each light separately as one side of my tank is SPS and the other is LPS.

Anyone have suggestions for how I can un-link the three lights and adjust each individually? @ATI North America ?

Last edited:

MarcRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody ever tried removing the diffusor and exchanging it with something else?
I know that's kind of the selling point of the fixture, but I really don't like the T5 look it produces. Been struggling with mine since I got them and already thought of exchanging them for Radion G6 blue as I can get my hand on them for a really got price

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anybody ever tried removing the diffusor and exchanging it with something else?
I know that's kind of the selling point of the fixture, but I really don't like the T5 look it produces. Been struggling with mine since I got them and already thought of exchanging them for Radion G6 blue as I can get my hand on them for a really got price
Interesting - what are you struggling with?

I have never looked back - Radion’s are more expensive for spread of light/ to me they don’t look at nice/ crazily noisy (something I can’t handle)

MarcRS

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting - what are you struggling with?
Well either I don't like the schedule I'm running or my coral don't like it. Also it's a little bit to steril for my liking. I'm missing some of the disco effect, that's why I'm asking if somebody has replaced the diffusor with lenses of some sort

The noise of the radions is what really keeps me from getting them. Never had them but heard they are crazy loud

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Long story but we had a water overflow event and the power supply got one of my Stratons got wet and fried. I need to replace this entire section (power supply and the control black box)

Anyone know how/where I can get these parts?

26441ACD-34A6-4A2E-B761-48C2FB3055B8.jpeg

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Long story but we had a water overflow event and the power supply got one of my Stratons got wet and fried. I need to replace this entire section (power supply and the control black box)

Anyone know how/where I can get these parts?

26441ACD-34A6-4A2E-B761-48C2FB3055B8.jpeg
You'll have to email ATI North America or post in their vendor forum down lower in the forum list here on R2R. They'll probably be able to provide you with parts.

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why are Germans so good at engineering, but so bad at wifi/app connectivity. The straton's software post update is actually surprisingly awful. Wish I didnt update mine.

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Why are Germans so good at engineering, but so bad at wifi/app connectivity. The straton's software post update is actually surprisingly awful. Wish I didnt update mine.

As engineers, they can't look at something and make it user friendly for their customers. Their cars are the same way. Great hardware often ruined by terrible software.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 76 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back