ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are the Stratons still in production?

I am using the dimmable 8 x54w and runs so well but it won't last forever.

The Straton is no longer being built, it was replaced by the Straton Pro which is not currently available in North America.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Straton is no longer being built, it was replaced by the Straton Pro which is not currently available in North America.
So what does this mean to your USA customer base that stepped-up and bought this new product from ATI. It feels like we are being abandoned over the long run - not a good feeling.

Viking_Reefing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what does this mean to your USA customer base that stepped-up and bought this new product from ATI. It feels like we are being abandoned over the long run - not a good feeling.
How do? Are you worried about the availability of replacement parts if a fixture would fail? I would imagine that ati would keep stuff like that in stock or they would really shoot them self’s in the foot.

GARRIGA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ETA on availability of the Pro for the USA and what's the spare parts commitment for out of production units since the Pro may one day be discontinued as well for the then latest model.

I know ATI from the T12 days and expect support will remain but am curious as another also posted. Big fan of large quiet platforms assuming they can be counted on for an extended use.

The Opinionated Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI in the US and the Actual ATI in Germany are totally different companies, ATI USA is just a reseller, ATI in Germany probably only care about their European customers, heck they wont even make Youtube videos in english.

Koigula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If not supporting market, just accept it. There are other flat panels makers that are kind of as good as the 8x 54w dimmable fixtures still available. :)

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I were looking today, the AI Blades have similar spread and lack of shadowing like the Straton's.

The blades are available in North America. If you really want Straton Pros, there are European online suppliers that will ship them to you (in North America).

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

We are still supporting the original Powermodule, the original LED Powermodule (from over 10 years ago). We have parts for all generations of lights, the Sirius, the Powermodule, the Dimmable Sunpower etc. We'll be here to support it just like Apple supports the iPhone 10 even though they don't sell it any more. We aren't abandoning anyone, rest assured we have you covered.

We are working with ATI Germany to bring the Straton Pro to USA, we just do not have any kind of timeline to when this can happen.

ATI in the US and the Actual ATI in Germany are totally different companies, ATI USA is just a reseller, ATI in Germany probably only care about their European customers, heck they wont even make Youtube videos in english.

Keep in mind we do a lot more than just resell widgets,, we are the ones who do all the support, packaging, testing (we test every single bulb we sell before it leaves our facility), repairs, marketing, write directions, create support videos (in English), bottling of Essentials etc.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI.DE doesn't give two toots about the NA market, and hasn't for the entire life of the Straton line. We can't even get mounting brackets here.

It's clear ATI.NA has zero pull within the product line and are basically just a warranty and distributor outlet.

Great lights, but for NA, good luck buying them.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly guys I have them and results are not better than my previous lights..so you have many othee good choices

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI.DE doesn't give two toots about the NA market, and hasn't for the entire life of the Straton line. We can't even get mounting brackets here.

It's clear ATI.NA has zero pull within the product line and are basically just a warranty and distributor outlet.

Not sure that is a fair assessment but it is your opinion as this is mine. The way I have read their posts is that they have been upfront and honest about the lights and their stance on supporting, or lack thereof, if bought from Germany. Honestly that is pretty clear and to the point. Taking that information in if the hobbyist is being realistic it makes perfect sense. We need more vendors to do similar.

With regards to product availability who knows. Maybe it is how the US market works and spectrum preference. Or it is because there is a consolidation going on and only a few products are promoted over others. In either case I don't see them not caring about the AMS market. They do but have their reasons otherwise there wouldn't be any replies here.

In my opinion at least. Hope your day is going well.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

This really isn't about "two toots", rather supply chain problems. By the time Germany had enough material to send us rails, we didn't want them because the fixture was being discontinued. We did not have interest in bringing in a bunch of inventory for a light that was no longer being sold. From what I know the rails do not work on the Straton Pro. This was our choice not there's.

I don't think you have a very good perspective of the situation, while you are right we have no bearing on the engineering of their products, we basically handle everything else this side of the pond. They do listen to feedback on Labs, Firmware etc, but you are right they usually do not ask us thinks like "what features are you looking for on the Straton?" Its more like after the fact we request something and the accommodate it of possible.

Lastly, we are now accepting Straton Pro pre order and special order (depending on the model) so if you are interested please have your dealer place the order on your behalf.

beesnreefs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly, we are now accepting Straton Pro pre order and special order (depending on the model) so if you are interested please have your dealer place the order on your behalf.
This is great news! I have 3 original Stratons over my 6-foot tank and love them. They are only a year old so I don't need new lights but when the time comes I fully plan to go with the Straton Pros.

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am with you "bees". Having owned most of the popular brands over my 40 years in the hobby I bought these as part of an office upgrade because they would be pretty much invisible inside my canopy. I have been pleasantly surprised with them in almost every aspect so would be interested to see what the pros have to offer that the originals dont.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This really isn't about "two toots", rather supply chain problems. By the time Germany had enough material to send us rails, we didn't want them because the fixture was being discontinued. We did not have interest in bringing in a bunch of inventory for a light that was no longer being sold. From what I know the rails do not work on the Straton Pro. This was our choice not there's.

I don't think you have a very good perspective of the situation, while you are right we have no bearing on the engineering of their products, we basically handle everything else this side of the pond. They do listen to feedback on Labs, Firmware etc, but you are right they usually do not ask us thinks like "what features are you looking for on the Straton?" Its more like after the fact we request something and the accommodate it of possible.

This is good news, I was an early adopter of the Stratons and had success with them, I have reached out to have my dealer place an order for 4 204's. I would prefer 6 of the 153's but from a cost standpoint is doesn't make sense to go that route. Looking forward to getting these for my latest endevour.

-Hydro

Last edited:

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure that is a fair assessment but it is your opinion as this is mine. The way I have read their posts is that they have been upfront and honest about the lights and their stance on supporting, or lack thereof, if bought from Germany. Honestly that is pretty clear and to the point. Taking that information in if the hobbyist is being realistic it makes perfect sense. We need more vendors to do similar.

With regards to product availability who knows. Maybe it is how the US market works and spectrum preference. Or it is because there is a consolidation going on and only a few products are promoted over others. In either case I don't see them not caring about the AMS market. They do but have their reasons otherwise there wouldn't be any replies here.

In my opinion at least. Hope your day is going well.
Curious to know if you put out over $4000.00 for these lights would you still be holding this view? Do you own these lights -have a serious investment in them?

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So you are accepting pre-orders for new straton pro’s (great to know), but still have not provided a viable solution for current straton customers. It sounds like the path is buy the new Pro’s if you want your lights to be supported for by ATI (firmware upgrades etc.). Do i understand this correctly, if not, please clarify support for your existing straton customer base.

Karliefish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly guys I have them and results are not better than my previous lights..so you have many othee good choices
Concur - having run four of them over my 365G tank - ok, but nothing special. Everyone seems to ve fixated on specs, and par measurements, but few are showing tanks with great growth….why is that?

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 72 35.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 25.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 31.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 3.9%
Back