ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dare I say there is not a light on earth that is as clean, simple and sleek as that. ;)

I have to agree. My wife would love these versus my floating battleship 8 X 80 watt Sunpower.

Lets see what @Hydrored CORALS think about these lights.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree. My wife would love these versus my floating battleship 8 X 80 watt Sunpower.

Lets see what @Hydrored CORALS think about these lights.

Time will tell, I did have to lower the whites and UV a bit and LPS is very happy now. I will ramp the lights over the next few weeks and keep everybody posted

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my current schedule, 4 fixtures, about 10" up, I have a lot of SPS and some chalices/zoas/torches/LPS lower down:

1603213141506.png

So you can see I start the day on a color that I made called "pop" which just adds some UV/Violet to the existing "fluorescent". Then I go to "Fluorescent", then LPS/SPS to get a bit more 15K look, then to LPS which is more 20K, then back to Fluorescent, then "Pop" again for evening viewing. So far all seem pretty happy with his. The fixtures stay cool, and my PAR is about 350 for top SPS and about 200 on sandbed.

Here is my "pop" spectrum:

1603213298278.png

I'd be stoked to see what others are running!

I also may try in the future the "spikes" of power during the day that I think Sanjay and some others are doing to play with photoinhibition and high PAR.

Running each end light lower for LPS, will continue to ramp the SPS to 350 PAR-

Screen Shot 2020-10-21 at 9.30.16 PM.png

OP
OP
Reef-Engineer

Reef-Engineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed another cool feature last night. When doing a water change I wanted to do some top-down coral-gazing and photography. Well, since it is super easy to shut off the individual segments of the lights (front/middle/back) while leaving the others on. It is possible to get great views and pics without a lot of reflection from the LEDs.

Bonus!

(sorry, pic quality not amazing, I need one of those top-down camera tubes)

IMG_4392.jpg

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Noticed another cool feature last night. When doing a water change I wanted to do some top-down coral-gazing and photography. Well, since it is super easy to shut off the individual segments of the lights (front/middle/back) while leaving the others on. It is possible to get great views and pics without a lot of reflection from the LEDs.

Bonus!

(sorry, pic quality not amazing, I need one of those top-down camera tubes)

IMG_4392.jpg
One of the reasons I went with them over the Coral Care lights.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely leaning that way, just wish the MAP was a bit lower. Then again, I was somewhat pricing in accent LED's for pop that I won't have to if going with the Stratons, then it becomes a wash.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm definitely leaning that way, just wish the MAP was a bit lower. Then again, I was somewhat pricing in accent LED's for pop that I won't have to if going with the Stratons, then it becomes a wash.

After going from 5 G5 XR30’s to 4 stratons I wouldn’t look elsewhere. Far superior PAR coverage, no buggy Bluetooth and Mobius failed to sync BS, and dead silent. My only complaint is mounting leaves little to be desired. They should’ve left 4 mounting holes that you could use screws or insert the locking mechanisms, would open up far more options for reefers.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I noticed you were in Canada so you get the double strike: Euro to USD and USD to CAD. these are very painful conversions these days... This is honestly a huge part of what makes up the price on this product.

FYI I found updated firmware for the straton that was not released to the US yet, confirmed with ATI that you can use it and they are working to update the US website

Firmware here:

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed you were in Canada so you get the double strike: Euro to USD and USD to CAD. these are very painful conversions these days... This is honestly a huge part of what makes up the price on this product.
Yes, Canadaland. Already talked a bit with Keith (unless you're Keith). Just another reason I'm on the wrong side of the border for this hobby..

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I did the firmware update, couple things to note:

1. Only do one light at a time
2. No need to unzip the file
3. After the update you will have to log back into the light via the access point wifi
4. If you changed the name- Rename the light EXACTLY what it was before the update FIRST, hit save
5. Re-add to your wifi, the light will sync again

Thanks

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hydrored, how do you like the Straton's compared to the Reefi Duos?

Personally other than the mounts I like the stratons better, If you can hang the ReeFi's at 12-14 inches off the water they are great lights. They are too low using RMS mounts and the spread is a cone with the pucks. I still recommend the ReeFi's to people, amazing customer service and I don't have anything bad to say about the quality and support. I would no doubt buy a ReeFi over the Gen 4 radions. I have been dumb enough to try just about every LED light over the past 2 years- Gen 4 & 5 ecotechs, ReeFi's, Reefbrites, Primes, Kessil's, I even pre-ordered the Coral Cares but canceled after they put a bad taste in my mouth. I like to try new things, I find lighting and the equipment enjoyable in this hobby.

Maximus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I almost bought the Coral Care as well but as soon as I heard that the whites had to be turned down (to the detriment of par output) to achieve the blue look, I passed on it and bought the Straton.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost bought the Coral Care as well but as soon as I heard that the whites had to be turned down (to the detriment of par output) to achieve the blue look, I passed on it and bought the Straton.

For me was the fact they went on this forum and announced a pre order incentive, went radio silent and backed out, and never released other mounting options as promised. Very poor business practices from coralvue

Back