ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow these lights are amazing!!!

I do need some help getting them programmed correctly. Currently my lights only have one segment on at a very dim blue but the chart shows them at 80% for the current time.
Nevermind, make sure you set your time zone properly after connecting to WiFi!

These lights are crazy good! Taking PAR measurements tomorrow.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just had three delivered. I am trying to arrange shipment of the rail kit from Germany.

They are in very short supply. At this time they are not making them available to us so I still have no details for those in North America. Currently they are not shipping them outside Germany until they can ramp up production. (although perhaps their dealers will).

SuperSaiyanTang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain how the ramping works? If I want to ramp slowly to 30% in the morning from 8 to 10 do I need to add nodes for incremental percentages?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I missed earlier tags. My two units were shorted apparently, so I'm waiting for the next drop from DE in Feb. Not sure what's going on really, have other RL things that have come up and the lights have been the least of my worries.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can someone explain how the ramping works? If I want to ramp slowly to 30% in the morning from 8 to 10 do I need to add nodes for incremental percentages?

Just need a node at 0 then a node at 30, set the colors you want for the node. It wil auto ramp up in increments over that time

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Just need a node at 0 then a node at 30, set the colors you want for the node. It wil auto ramp up in increments over that time

Just like Hydrored said, the light will follow the graph, this is why there is a sloped line on the graph from one node to the next. It will also slowly adjust from one color to the next if you apply a different color to the node, so you won't get an "instant change" when it clicks the node.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America any update on the mounts and rail?

Thanks!
I spoke to them (him) today and the answer on the rails is not what you or I want to hear. 6 months but could be more.

They don't have enough production to supply Deutschland alone, much less Europe and US.

Guess I will have to come up with some 80/20 hack to get me through for a while. Should we set up a separate thread for that?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spoke to them (him) today and the answer on the rails is not what you or I want to hear. 6 months but could be more.

They don't have enough production to supply Deutschland alone, much less Europe and US.

Guess I will have to come up with some 80/20 hack to get me through for a while. Should we set up a separate thread for that?

Yeah, just have to measure it out and use an aluminum z bracket. I have a buddy that can laser or waterjet them but that is the lowest thing on his priority list if I wanted it done. You can easily get it done with a band saw and drill press.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, just have to measure it out and use an aluminum z bracket. I have a buddy that can laser or waterjet them but that is the lowest thing on his priority list if I wanted it done. You can easily get it done with a band saw and drill press.

My preference is to fasten them to the rail versus hanging them from it. But perhaps my assumption is wrong. I was supposing that the four holes for the wires are threaded and the ATI rail kit comes with fasteners and mounting screws.

Or do you think the ATI rail simply slides through the hanging wires?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My preference is to fasten them to the rail versus hanging them from it. But perhaps my assumption is wrong. I was supposing that the four holes for the wires are threaded and the ATI rail kit comes with fasteners and mounting screws.

you actually use the screws on the bottom of fixture itself to fasten the bracket. You have to remove the screws and put new ones in.The bracket then hard mounts to a rail.

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you wanted you could use the cables on top to mount it to a rail too, they use grip lock so you could cut them short, route them through a hole in the aluminum and put a stop on the back side. You could use 2 rails of 8020 and drill small holes for the cable and it would be very easy. - Keith

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those rails are super clean and simple. A DIY extruded aluminum solution was fine until I watched this.

Ugh. First world problem. I know, I know.
8020 makes a 1/4 round Tslot aluminum, if it was me I would use this and attach one in front and one in back using cable. Easy, and would be just elegant.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
8020 makes a 1/4 round Tslot aluminum, if it was me I would use this and attach one in front and one in back using cable. Easy, and would be just elegant.

I did this with an ecotech rail and the lights never stayed level or square, especially due to the power cords pulling toward the back. Ended up removing that setup all together, makes it exponentially worse with 4 lights

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 30.8%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.6%
Back