ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI must not like money, any word when these might come back in stock? I had originally heard January.
We have received product since January, however they come in and are immediately shipped out to dealers based on a first come first serve basis. At the rate of sales it will be unlikely we will have them on hand and in stock any time in the near future. Your best bet is to put in a pre-order with any dealer who will take it.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have received product since January, however they come in and are immediately shipped out to dealers based on a first come first serve basis. At the rate of sales it will be unlikely we will have them on hand and in stock any time in the near future. Your best bet is to put in a pre-order with any dealer who will take it.
Yup. That is what I did with my LFS. Had 3 in a week plus a 4-5 days shipping. Mid January.

Lights have been up since Sunday. I had to DIY a hanging rail. Since then, APEX dose amount just revised up by 10% as ALK dropped from 8.3 to 7.7.

So far, so good.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering the little struggle I had with LPS loosing a bit of color I’m finally being rewarded. iPhone 12, no filter, florescent on Straton

F196C417-D225-4DD9-8132-158DDAAC8164.jpeg
B4CA933D-3664-4D46-B59D-E410938C66D6.jpeg
1ADAEA0E-CFF3-4D7D-9920-5C435A4701E3.jpeg

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America - Looking to replace my current set of 12 ATI T5s ( 2x 6 x 54watts old powermodules) with these as they would have to light up a 50 inch x 40 inch front to back tank with wall to wall acroporas.

The square size make it extremely hard for such deep tanks to be lit with a single row and 2 rows are out of question with the space. Thoughts of how many I need and how I can have the configuration of atleast 300 PAR across the tank ?

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ATI North America - Looking to replace my current set of 12 ATI T5s ( 2x 6 x 54watts old powermodules) with these as they would have to light up a 50 inch x 40 inch front to back tank with wall to wall acroporas.

The square size make it extremely hard for such deep tanks to be lit with a single row and 2 rows are out of question with the space. Thoughts of how many I need and how I can have the configuration of atleast 300 PAR across the tank ?
I don't think there is anyway around having 2 rows if you wish to cover 40 inches front to back. I think 4 fixtures is the only way to handle the foot print of your setup.

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How is this light? Coloring sps coral nicely? I'm currently running 4 radion g5 pro with t5 hybrid. The coverage is very nice and coral is doing very good as well. However, the showing issues is still pretty bad. I'm thinking to switch to two of straton or 3 orphek panel. Any input will be nice. Thanks

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say sexiest piece of German engineering I have ever seen. First impression is they are way smaller than the pictures make them seem. Both thickness and overall size.

I can't believe I'm taking my G5 blues off my tank and have been incredibly happy with them aside from the rough mobius launch.
Growth and colors of acros have been steadily on the incline but lately I have been craving that crisp white European look. I surely am going to miss the versatility of the radion blue. I can go from a really nice full spectrum to insane visuals with the violet and UV cranked. I mean look at those last two pictures. I have never seen a setosa look like that. All pictures taken with a galaxy s10+ in pro mode no filters.

The pure power of the radions reflecting off my eurobrace on my low lagoon has to be doing a number on my eyes. If my tank was rimless there is probably no way I would be giving up these g5 blues.

I scored 2x Straton yesterday for a deal I couldn't refuse. I will update this thread when I have more info. I will be matching par with an apogee 510 and can comment on the spread of two of them over my 150 INT Lagoon. 47" x 35" x 19".

20210304_140530.jpg 20210304_140834.jpg 20210304_141007.jpg 20210225_212748.jpg 20210225_213129.jpg

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to say sexiest piece of German engineering I have ever seen. First impression is they are way smaller than the pictures make them seem. Both thickness and overall size.

I can't believe I'm taking my G5 blues off my tank and have been incredibly happy with them aside from the rough mobius launch.
Growth and colors of acros have been steadily on the incline but lately I have been craving that crisp white European look. I surely am going to miss the versatility of the radion blue. I can go from a really nice full spectrum to insane visuals with the violet and UV cranked. I mean look at those last two pictures. I have never seen a setosa look like that. All pictures taken with a galaxy s10+ in pro mode no filters.

The pure power of the radions reflecting off my eurobrace on my low lagoon has to be doing a number on my eyes. If my tank was rimless there is probably no way I would be giving up these g5 blues.

I scored 2x Straton yesterday for a deal I couldn't refuse. I will update this thread when I have more info. I will be matching par with an apogee 510 and can comment on the spread of two of them over my 150 INT Lagoon. 47" x 35" x 19".

20210304_140530.jpg 20210304_140834.jpg 20210304_141007.jpg 20210225_212748.jpg 20210225_213129.jpg
sold. placed my order. long waiting list

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm updating the firmware as we speak. I just want to be clear in case of some confusion. Those last two pictures were under 3 Xr30 G5 Blue with Diffusers. After seeing the straton in person I don't think the tank will get quite that blue, but I saw them in a very well lit space so I could be wrong.

If you were saying sold based off the form factor my apologies and maybe I was the one confused. The fixture is beautiful and no fans to hear/clean every six months is the icing on the cake.

I'm trying to get away from that Blue look. I'm only 31 and between the years of welding/pc gaming/and reefing my eyes feel like they are on fire some nights. Multiple people in my family have Macular Degeneration and I don't want to go blind.

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm updating the firmware as we speak. I just want to be clear in case of some confusion. Those last two pictures were under 3 Xr30 G5 Blue with Diffusers. After seeing the straton in person I don't think the tank will get quite that blue, but I saw them in a very well lit space so I could be wrong.

If you were saying sold based off the form factor my apologies and maybe I was the one confused. The fixture is beautiful and no fans to hear/clean every six months is the icing on the cake.

I'm trying to get away from that Blue look. I'm only 31 and between the years of welding/pc gaming/and reefing my eyes feel like they are on fire some nights. Multiple people in my family have Macular Degeneration and I don't want to go blind.
All good. I just want more coverage and eliminate more shadow area. I don't like blue tank anyway that's why I went with the pro version. And the radion hurts my eye. Thanks for the info

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sold. placed my order. long waiting list
You will love it. The UI takes a little bit to get your head around; it is a different paradigm than AI or Ecotech.

Each of the last two weeks I've had to adjust my APEX DOS upward to reflect increased consumption, so my corals are all onboard with the change. I have it tuned to the same PAR as my old 8 X 80 watt Sunpower, but my ALK numbers don't lie. I have three units bolted together over a 58" display. Tight squeeze.

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You will love it. The UI takes a little bit to get your head around; it is a different paradigm than AI or Ecotech.

Each of the last two weeks I've had to adjust my APEX DOS upward to reflect increased consumption, so my corals are all onboard with the change. I have it tuned to the same PAR as my old 8 X 80 watt Sunpower, but my ALK numbers don't lie. I have three units bolted together over a 58" display. Tight squeeze.
Man is that music to my ears. The Alk consumption part especially coming from an 8 bulb sunpower. Quite shocking actually.

I just wanted to share what I did to rig up my two lights temporarily. Going to hang them after dinner but this might help out other people.

I flipped over the RMS rail drilled two holes. I put a machine screw threw the hole and two "eyes" on the ecotech cables, followed by a double nut. Pictures below.

This was and still might be a temporarily solution but Might just epoxy it white and call it a day. I might order the ati hardware and ship it to family on Germany.

Attachments

• 20210304_190638.jpg
    20210304_190638.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 91
  • 20210304_192933.jpg
    20210304_192933.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 91

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

If you get to measuring PAR I shall be interested at the edges of 35 inch

ATI North America

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man is that music to my ears. The Alk consumption part especially coming from an 8 bulb sunpower. Quite shocking actually.

I just wanted to share what I did to rig up my two lights temporarily. Going to hang them after dinner but this might help out other people.

I flipped over the RMS rail drilled two holes. I put a machine screw threw the hole and two "eyes" on the ecotech cables, followed by a double nut. Pictures below.

This was and still might be a temporarily solution but Might just epoxy it white and call it a day. I might order the ati hardware and ship it to family on Germany.

Those little connection spots where the cable goes into the Straton are Grip Lock connectors. You can depress them and pull out the cable, this way you can remove the actual grip lock thing on the cable, as well as not requiring you to thread them onto the rail. You could also drill through the rail horizontally and feed the cable through making it even more sleek.
Great make-shift option! (sorry still no update on the ATI rail)

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run G5 blues in my frag tank and straton on my display... I run fluorescent mode in the last couple of hours, and honestly unless I’m comparing side by side the blue pop factors looks wild on both lol.

and the BUT which is a win in straton’s book is I can get a much more 20k/ almost day light look from the stratons then I could from the G5 blues (I could have just bought the pros too I guess...)

HolySmoke

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those little connection spots where the cable goes into the Straton are Grip Lock connectors. You can depress them and pull out the cable, this way you can remove the actual grip lock thing on the cable, as well as not requiring you to thread them onto the rail. You could also drill through the rail horizontally and feed the cable through making it even more sleek.
Great make-shift option! (sorry still no update on the ATI rail)
Yea this was a total temporary rig up because the suspense was killing me. I definitely could have MacGyverd them a lot cleaner. I gotta say though the RMS above them is super low profile.

@ATI North America I actually purposely left them there for some extra insurance incase I bump them while working on the tank. They fit in the channel and allow only 3/16" in either direction but thanks for your input.

@ReefEngineer thank you for making this thread. I never would have made the switch.
They are over my tank and they look fantastic.

@Abhishek give me a couple days and I will see how far I can raise them for you without losing insane efficiency. I am limited on length so only doing it for you and for science.

@nornicle I will be running the same setup g5 blue on frag too. you are so right the blue is phenomenal and I would even say it's better on the straton. It isn't as deep a blue but the corals look better andy eyes feel so much better. My pinky the bear changed for the better instantly. Everything in my tank was happy under the g5 except my Zoas. Instantly upon switching my zoas were thanking me. I cannot believe how fast my zoas are changing for the better. The skirts are alternating and look plump like they are under and 8 bulb sunpower.

One thing I have noticed while taking pictures with my phone is strobing if I raise shutter speed about 1/350 sec.

Last edited:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back