ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Dennis Cartier

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most Meanwells are hard wired so unlikely to be like a pc power supply .
After watching all the German unboxing videos I could find, I finally found 1 that showed the connector, from a distance. It is a C13 receptacle, taped onto the side of the Meanwell. It looks like black electrical tape holding it. Kind of an odd choice, but the tape appears to also cover up the adjustment pot on the back of the Meanwell. Perhaps they are trying to lessen the possibility of the end users messing with the pot and accidentally moving it out of spec.

What I been told from the seller is I just need to switch the power cable out. I did not receive it yet so I can't confirm it right now.
Yes, it looks like you will just need to swap it for a C14 cable to go from the wall to the C13 on the Meanwell. You can get them from any computer store, Amazon or if you have saved cables from a previous PC or laptop brick, you probably have a stash of them somewhere.

Dennis

Stian Svendsen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my DIY rack that kan tilt the lights and move them along the slides.

Attachments

• IMG_20210507_114825.jpg
    IMG_20210507_114825.jpg
    239.2 KB · Views: 171

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When are these expected to be available?
None of us know how big the backlog is, nor what production is like right now. Nor where the supply chain bottleneck is. Anecdotally, there seems to be inventory in Europe at least at the retailer level.

I placed my order with my LFS back in early February (IIRC) and had it inside of two weeks. I think his wholesaler for that was Champion Lighting.

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol just read the Neptune sky specs... that’s pretty wild that it is so expensive, less powerful and has active cooling... and looks weird. I don’t understand that product at all and I think Straton are still leaders in the flat panel led approach.

also fewer leds 100 vs 153.

mikeg18

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And they couldn’t resist the orange trim piece. For rimless tanks in living/family rooms it’s not a good look. Less leds, fans; direct apex control is a positive.

Now to locate 3 Stratons…

Justin Thibodeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And they couldn’t resist the orange trim piece. For rimless tanks in living/family rooms it’s not a good look. Less leds, fans; direct apex control is a positive.

Now to locate 3 Stratons…
I will definitely be getting the Stratons, but the orange piece is removable and they have a grey piece to swap it out with.

MarkDE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello at all ,

im currently thinking of sending my ati hybrid in retirement and get 2 Ati straton for my reefer 350 .
Since the Thread opened in september 29 ,2020 i guess enough time has passed to ask for long term reviews .

My Goal is to be more efficient . T5 produce a lot of heat , Led´s produce way less so im guessing it give more light into the tank rather than Heat .

Would you say i should stay with my hybrid or go with the Straton ?

Ps: Ati Germany is only 30 minutes away from me but sadly due to covid i cant go there to hav a look at the lamps :(

Greetings

Mark

Oldreefer44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 over a 180 and can only compare to the Radions and Orphek Atlantiks that I had previously.

Here are my pros and cons;

Pros
I just set mine to sps/lps setting and have left it that way ever since with good growth on all corals including softies
Am able to get great coverage over a 24 x 24 inch area with a mounting height of only 8 inches above the water.
Very easy to program. Have not had a single issue in the 6 months that I've had them.
Better coloration than with either of the other brands.
No fans so no noise

Cons
mounting options are limited.

I know that everyone almost always love what they spent their money on but I have to say that other than maybe my lifereef skimmer, these are the best purchase I have ever made in this hobby. And I have been at it for several decades.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 3 over a 180 and can only compare to the Radions and Orphek Atlantiks that I had previously.

Here are my pros and cons;

Pros
I just set mine to sps/lps setting and have left it that way ever since with good growth on all corals including softies
Am able to get great coverage over a 24 x 24 inch area with a mounting height of only 8 inches above the water.
Very easy to program. Have not had a single issue in the 6 months that I've had them.
Better coloration than with either of the other brands.
No fans so no noise

Cons
mounting options are limited.

I know that everyone almost always love what they spent their money on but I have to say that other than maybe my lifereef skimmer, these are the best purchase I have ever made in this hobby. And I have been at it for several decades

I do not have decades of experience but I have been at it long enough and couldn’t agree more

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I connected both light to my home internet but I only can control one light. I can't even see the other light in the UI(group-lamp). I named one light straton1 the other straton2 and I can see both in my router page. Also I can't even use http://straton1 to access the light. Straton1 IP is 192.168.100.7 and straton 2 IP is 192.168.100.10. When type both IP address in my browser it all went to the same light. Is this something wrong with my router? I can control both light via slave mode.

Last edited:

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you see the 'missing' fixture on the IP / DHCP table of your router?

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you see the 'missing' fixture on the IP / DHCP table of your router?
Yes I can see both light in my router. I thought I figured it out but no luck. I'm no using the slave mode and it works. I just can't control both light via my home internet

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you login to the webserver on light #2 via IP address then? Maybe something didn't get saved.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back