ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just purchased 4 Blue Ray Pros to compare to the Stratons. Concerned over their coverage claims due to me moving to a 33" wide tank, but GNC was more than confident that their claimed specs are under the actual coverage.

As some of you know I'm a huge fan of the Stratons so we shall see!
Dude, you have a "new toy" problem. Takes one to know one!
LED matrix lights which keeps me "on topic" but this light does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds.
IMG-5417.jpg

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dude, you have a "new toy" problem. Takes one to know one!
LED matrix lights which keeps me "on topic" but this light does 0-60 in 3.1 seconds.
IMG-5417.jpg

Part of the hobby for me that I enjoy is trying new gear, I think the Stratons are an amazing light and currently the best on the market

And yes, it does take one to know one lol

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Part of the hobby for me that I enjoy is trying new gear, I think the Stratons are an amazing light and currently the best on the market

And yes, it does take one to know one lol
Agreed on the Stratons. While I do like the G5s, these things are a step change above.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed on the Stratons. While I do like the G5s, these things are a step change above.

Looking for fanless LED lights that can support SPS really only GNC and Stratons are there, I have a feeling the GNC’s may be too blue for me but who knows. Having 3600 (4 GNC’s) lower powered LED’s intrigued me. It’s the price I’m willing to pay to play

Quiverfull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for fanless LED lights that can support SPS really only GNC and Stratons are there, I have a feeling the GNC’s may be too blue for me but who knows. Having 3600 (4 GNC’s) lower powered LED’s intrigued me. It’s the price I’m willing to pay to play
@Hydrored how are the GNCs? Have you had a chance to set them over your tank yet?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Hydrored how are the GNCs? Have you had a chance to set them over your tank yet?

Hello @Quiverfull

These will be going over my new build, I’ll be putting one up temporarily here soon to replace 1 Straton that is going to Dana for testing.

Based on the build and the initial plugging them all in and setup (not on the tank) so far I’m impressed. I still believe the Stratons are the best light on the market, I just like to try new things. I don’t plan on selling my Stratons, they will go in the closet until I can see how the GNC’s grow and color coral.

I’ll keep everyone posted, your best bet is checking in on my build thread as I show the plans there and have pictures of the new lighting setup I plan on going with there to try.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello @Quiverfull

These will be going over my new build, I’ll be putting one up temporarily here soon to replace 1 Straton that is going to Dana for testing.

Based on the build and the initial plugging them all in and setup (not on the tank) so far I’m impressed. I still believe the Stratons are the best light on the market, I just like to try new things. I don’t plan on selling my Stratons, they will go in the closet until I can see how the GNC’s grow and color coral.

I’ll keep everyone posted, your best bet is checking in on my build thread as I show the plans there and have pictures of the new lighting setup I plan on going with there to try.
Good on you for sending Dana a unit to test. I pinged him a while back about testing one but he said ATI was slow to send him a unit. I don't have one to spare.

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
97921AA7-BA0C-4197-9587-93CD77A8EB8A.png
Does anyone know about this firmware update ‘with the new Straton firmware update there is a preset daily course with the corresponding light composition "shallow reef" by Jörg.’ Was on the Sangokai forums, was curious about the sangokai recommended spectrum settings.

Thanks!

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
97921AA7-BA0C-4197-9587-93CD77A8EB8A.png
Does anyone know about this firmware update ‘with the new Straton firmware update there is a preset daily course with the corresponding light composition "shallow reef" by Jörg.’ Was on the Sangokai forums, was curious about the sangokai recommended spectrum settings.

Thanks!

What are you wanting to know? The firmware provides 2 new presets, one is deep sea that is very blue and Sangokai is as shallow lagoon more white in appearance.

They are both settings from successful tanks on another forum.

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im debating if I want to finally switch from my Sunpower fixture to these. Is it possible to get good par even on a 20k setting? I have seen a few tanks with them and they were anywhere from 10k to 14k looks wise.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Im debating if I want to finally switch from my Sunpower fixture to these. Is it possible to get good par even on a 20k setting? I have seen a few tanks with them and they were anywhere from 10k to 14k looks wise
What PAR rating are you looking for? Yes, you can get great PAR with a 20k look on the lights. Depends on mounting height of course.

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered through my LFS. I believe he sourced through Champion Lighting. They are still backordered so it will take some time.
I've tried emailing around, 3 online retailers (some in Germany) already said no stock. I wonder if it will come back in stock soon or not? Seems to have been unavailable for a long time too. Same with the Alkatronic I'm looking for.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
BRS had 7 if them a couple of weeks ago and they sold out in about 8 hours. They will come back, but they are scarce right now. ATI told me they went over much better than they planned and that's why they are short on stock.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I like keeping sps on the very bottom as well. Thanks for the info, now just to find some in stock!
Yea one thing I can say, the coverage is crazy with such a large footprint. It stays very consistent as well. I have seen many European tanks with SPS on the bottom with Stratons.

Also to add, I would be careful with that PAR on the Stratons. Don't forget, these have MANY more LEDs than a normal fixture. 18 UV and 18 Violet when most have 4. It isn't a bad thing, I think it's a great thing, But they are powerful.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 74 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 68 34.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back