ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yes I read both posts. I am pushing the reset button on the black box, right next to the ethernet jack. Prior to reset only one light is solid green. While resetting the other light never illuminates. I have been holding it down for quite a while and nothing happens.
ATI has a forum on here as well that you can ask in. Maybe they can get to you quicker.

So Stratons in general when you pull the power and plug them back in, they won't come back on automatically. You have to type in the ip address of that light and hit the admin page before it will reboot. Try typing the factory IP address if it isn't on your network.

You can also connect the wifi on your cellphone to that lights network. Then you can go to the admin page if all else fails.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea of when Dana is going to test the Straton's #Hydrored sent him? I would be interested in his assessment.
I'd be interested as well. Although I gotta say, @Reef-Engineer did a bang up job with this review thread.

I ordered mine within a day or two of reading the first 5 pages.

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any idea of when Dana is going to test the Straton's #Hydrored sent him? I would be interested in his assessment.

I had to delay sending him the Straton due to a delay getting my tank on my new build, my new tank is in and everything will be transferred over the next 3 weeks, Dana will get a Straton In January.

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ATI has a forum on here as well that you can ask in. Maybe they can get to you quicker.

So Stratons in general when you pull the power and plug them back in, they won't come back on automatically. You have to type in the ip address of that light and hit the admin page before it will reboot. Try typing the factory IP address if it isn't on your network.

You can also connect the wifi on your cellphone to that lights network. Then you can go to the admin page if all else fails.
this is not true. i have 2 Stratons and every time i plug in the Power, they start properly with no manual operation. as i have smart Power plug, for a month i was shutting down both lamps during the night and on the morning everything was running as expected

KWolfe81

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
this is not true. i have 2 Stratons and every time i plug in the Power, they start properly with no manual operation. as i have smart Power plug, for a month i was shutting down both lamps during the night and on the morning everything was running as expected
Ditto. I am just cycling my tank now and am power cycling the lights daily. I've never had the reported problem - they always come back up automatically.

It does, however, take ~4 minutes for them to boot. They'll flash on immediately, turn off for a few minutes, and then resume operations.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Interesting. I never waited 4 minutes after unplug it in, that's ludicrous.

Now I don't mean scheduling on the Apex, I mean physically pulling the plug from the socket and waiting a few minutes and then plugging back in.

Again, never waited, always gave it a minute and then hit the IP and it comes back on instantly.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I power cycled one fixture on Tuesday while acclimating some fish arrivals and it turned on within a couple minutes of powering. Zero issues with them since the initial sync firmware issue.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'll try that tomorrow. I haven't tried it since the updated firmware a few weeks ago.

Hey, learn something new every day! Thanks.

iLMaRiO

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maybe it's not 4 minutes but is not immediate too... 2 minutes, 3 minutes ....

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you guys like this light so far?How's the growth and color comparing to your previous light (sps)?thanks

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How you guys like this light so far?How's the growth and color comparing to your previous light (sps)?thanks
Hard to say, I bought 3 and installed over my 300G mature SPS reef. All my corals are currently near death. I think I light shocked them. They are not a direct replacement of T5 in my experience. The PAR meter is half the PAR of my T5, but apparently is not the whole story. I have the lights throttled down to 100-150 PAR now down from 300 PAR, used to be 500 PAR with ATI blue plus T5 bulbs... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but all the corals are super pale and near death. I bought the Straton because I had bad luck with other shadowy focused LED, these are supposed to be diffused and safe/easy...

-note, I love the look and spectrum is so beautiful. If I can save the corals, then these are the best fixtures you can buy, no moving parts, drastically lower energy consumption, tank is actually 3 degrees cooler for me now too, which is actually annoying now to heat it.

dbq5anlxj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to say, I bought 3 and installed over my 300G mature SPS reef. All my corals are currently near death. I think I light shocked them. They are not a direct replacement of T5 in my experience. The PAR meter is half the PAR of my T5, but apparently is not the whole story. I have the lights throttled down to 100-150 PAR now down from 300 PAR, used to be 500 PAR with ATI blue plus T5 bulbs... I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but all the corals are super pale and near death. I bought the Straton because I had bad luck with other shadowy focused LED, these are supposed to be diffused and safe/easy...

-note, I love the look and spectrum is so beautiful. If I can save the corals, then these are the best fixtures you can buy, no moving parts, drastically lower energy consumption, tank is actually 3 degrees cooler for me now too, which is actually annoying now to heat it.
Sorry to hear the thing happened to your tank hope everything will be all right and bounce back strong. Yeah I have three as well over a 5 feet tank. This light is so hard to hate the look the build quality is top notch but to be honest the color I'm getting out of it is not that top notch compared to my previous light fixture g5/t5 hybrid. I know there are milloms of things can affect growth and color. I do ICP regularly and my parameter is stable and I use par meter to match the par. I'm thinking to switch to t5 or MH. Before that just want to check hows everyone else doing.

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear the thing happened to your tank hope everything will be all right and bounce back strong. Yeah I have three as well over a 5 feet tank. This light is so hard to hate the look the build quality is top notch but to be honest the color I'm getting out of it is not that top notch compared to my previous light fixture g5/t5 hybrid. I know there are milloms of things can affect growth and color. I do ICP regularly and my parameter is stable and I use par meter to match the par. I'm thinking to switch to t5 or MH. Before that just want to check hows everyone else doing.
I sent for an ICP test waiting on results. I'm a regular ICP tester and manually dose parameters with great success. The only thing we could think of is that the tank was not fed while I was on a trip (very light manual feeding and the auto feeder did not work properly). I'm back to heavy feeding (N03 = 25ppm, PO4 = 0.20ppm a few days ago). Waiting for the corals to get brown and ugly then slowly ramp back up. I already lost one large colony and many others are very pale with tiny polyps. They are mostly pale on the light shining side / tops, so I suspect that was issue, maybe combined with low nutrient caused extra light shock. I don't know, I miss the ease of T5 though. I love the UV/glow on the corals and it would be hard to go back.

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I switched from 8X80 watt ATI T5 to three Stratons. This is for a 5 foot tank.

The T5 was 400 to 200 PAR top/bottom. I started the Straton's at 325 to roughly 200 peak which was 65%. Over time, I brought them up to 400/220.

My sticks handled it all just fine. I did have to find a little shade for my trachy though.

Sticks going pale makes me double check that I have enough nutrient going through the system. Are you feeding the system the same? Are you removing nutrients the same? Do you have any residual nitrates and phosphates?

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from 8X80 watt ATI T5 to three Stratons. This is for a 5 foot tank.

The T5 was 400 to 200 PAR top/bottom. I started the Straton's at 325 to roughly 200 peak which was 65%. Over time, I brought them up to 400/220.

My sticks handled it all just fine. I did have to find a little shade for my trachy though.

Sticks going pale makes me double check that I have enough nutrient going through the system. Are you feeding the system the same? Are you removing nutrients the same? Do you have any residual nitrates and phosphates?
I second this ^

I just recently upgraded my tank, you will be surprised how fast coral fades in low nutrient conditions. I run my sticks under Stratons about 325, I saw little to no gains by going higher and ended up backing them back down to there

nezw0001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I switched from 400W halides and am very happy with them. SPS handled the transition just fine. PAR is very close to what i had before, minus the peaks i had right below the MH bulb, but overall-whole tank-it is very close.

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I second this ^

I just recently upgraded my tank, you will be surprised how fast coral fades in low nutrient conditions. I run my sticks under Stratons about 325, I saw little to no gains by going higher and ended up backing them back down to there
Yeah I mentioned I had a low nutrient situation for a few weeks. I think that combined with extra light shocked them coming from 8 x 5' T5 ATI fixture.

I forgot to mention I had added 4 bars of high octane UV from reefbreeders and 2 blues. I throttled them back to only 2 hours a day at night. I do not know if they also caused damage.

I'm hoping I can recover with reduced light, increased nutrients and slowly throttle up after they darken up, if they survive.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 29 16.7%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 75 43.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back