ATI Straton LED Light - Comments, Review, PAR, Coverage, Discuss...

ReefCheef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you wish to use ethernet cable you can do so by connecting it directly to your computer: Light > ethernet cable > computer. Leave your router out of it completely.

If you change the name of the device (or remember it) you don't have to know the IP address you can enter your light name. For example, if I was to change my light name to MyNewStraton I would use:
Http://MyNewStraton
The Http:// is required to do this method.
My light isnt coming up when I do the HTTP: method. I changed the name to "OverflowRight" but when I go to my wifi network and type "http://OverflowRight" I get "Problem loading page"

please help!!

Om84

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
does anyone know when a new updated model of the ati straton will come out?

on the sand do the ati stratons have an annoying disco ball effect?
Doubt there’s gonna be a new model anytime soon. This just became available to US markets after problems and delays in shipping. The light works great. Why change it unless there are significant new improvements. Who knows though…?

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, they do not have a disco effect, whomever asked a few posts back. There is a slight shimmer.

Both units updated to the November firmware fine.

periocillin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took the second straton, how do I associate it with the first that I already have? Just plug it in and save the program again?

WorkingHands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here‘s what I did. I purchased brackets at the Hardware store. The anchors are rated 50lbs each. I purchased aluminum „L“ shaped stock and drilled holes for the hardware and bolted it on to the bracket.
It’s ghetto.

I later took the L-shaped pieces down and purchased a mounting rail. The mounting rail is OK. I found the hardware to be small and it doesn’t Thread deep.
Correct mounting would put the power plug towards the back of the tank. (just so people know, not mocking your setup).

Last edited:

normal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I'm debating on how many stratons I would need for a 150cm(60 inch) x 60cm(24 inch) x 60cm (24 inch) tank. It will be an SPS tank, mainly, with the ocasional LPS to the bottom of the tank. I was thinking 2 would do the job. But I see many of you guys stack them together. Isn't that overkill?

WorkingHands

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I'm debating on how many stratons I would need for a 150cm(60 inch) x 60cm(24 inch) x 60cm (24 inch) tank. It will be an SPS tank, mainly, with the ocasional LPS to the bottom of the tank. I was thinking 2 would do the job. But I see many of you guys stack them together. Isn't that overkill?
2 would work fine.

nornicle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 would work fine.
2 is fine, running 3 means actually less places to keep my lower light sps… as mentioned running 3 gets up to 700par 6 inch below surface… and 350 24 inch down for most applications there’s no point.

ReefLaw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have a 60 inch tank that is 20 inches deep with two Stratons right now. I love the Stratons and wouldn’t even think about replacing them but I would like to supplement with shimmer. I’m considering adding a kessil 360x right in between my current fixtures. Do you guys think I will see a health shimmer effect?

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 over a Red Sea Reefer 450 (60x20x20) and I don't have any light issues. I do run them higher up, maybe 10" off the water, possibly more and the spread is great. I have Acros in the middle gap between the 2 lights and they grow just fine. I run them at about 80-85% so plenty of room to crank them up if needed more light.

I have them perfectly spaced over the tank but if you had them closer together in the middle and more space on the ends, you'd have plenty of space for LPS.

dnahas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 60 inch tank that is 20 inches deep with two Stratons right now. I love the Stratons and wouldn’t even think about replacing them but I would like to supplement with shimmer. I’m considering adding a kessil 360x right in between my current fixtures. Do you guys think I will see a health shimmer effect?
A Reef Brite strip in front, running the length of the tank added some shimmer to mine.

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update: I added a kessil a360x right between my two straton's on a 60 inch tank and I'm loving the supplemental shimmer from the kessil. It's a great pairing for those looking for that kinetic energy from a single source light.
would love to see a video of the shimmer sometime if you can get it to show up on camera. I gave up and just added reefbreeder LED strips instead, but very little shimmer until the stratons turn off. Gyres near the surface help a lot.

Justin Thibodeaux

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update: I added a kessil a360x right between my two straton's on a 60 inch tank and I'm loving the supplemental shimmer from the kessil. It's a great pairing for those looking for that kinetic energy from a single source light.
I would also like to see a video of your kessil/straton combo as this is what I have been planning for my upcoming build

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 50 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back