ATI vs Gisemen T5

KSReefing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all of you T5 people out there I have a 6 bulb 39w light fixture to use for a system I am setting up. I do prefer a more blue tank and was curious what brand people chose.

cjd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For all of you T5 people out there I have a 6 bulb 39w light fixture to use for a system I am setting up. I do prefer a more blue tank and was curious what brand people chose.
ATI blue plus is a very popular choice with a proven track record. I ran them until I found the KZ super blue . The blue plus has a green tint to my eyes , the KZ is very similar to the blue plus without my eyes picking up a green hue.

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both brands over the last few years.

I like the geismann, but I feel like I get longer life out of the ATI bulbs. While I have never scientifically tested them, to my eyes the geismann seem to dwindle in intensity after 8 months. The ATI's still look brand new(as far as intensity) to me after 12 months when I replace them regardless.

bhuyett

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have used both brands over the last few years.

I like the geismann, but I feel like I get longer life out of the ATI bulbs. While I have never scientifically tested them, to my eyes the geismann seem to dwindle in intensity after 8 months. The ATI's still look brand new(as far as intensity) to me after 12 months when I replace them regardless.

I have to agree as well, I have ran the Geisemann Actinic Blue, which is supposed to be the same as the ATI Blue Plus. I find that the ATI puts out much more PAR and seems to hold its color much longer. I'm currently running 8 bulbs (4 ATI B+ and 4 ATI Coral Plus) every other bulb with two Reefbrite XHO actinic LED strips until I can get my drawer slides for my 48" ATI Hybrid Powermodule. Then that will be going in and can't wait.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 32 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back