ATO Reservoir— Not a bucket but not $200?

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the trigger blemished, those can be had for a decent deal and shipping is included.
This is what I ended up doing when I illiminated the redsea stock reservoirs. I found a 5g for my 170 and a 10g for my 300. Reservoirs are overpriced for what they but I didn't want a bucket or something similar since I can't hide it.

OP
OP
rja

rja

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thinking outside the box here.., but what's on the other side of the wall behind tank? Not much involved with running the line through a wall, then you can have a big, cheap, potentially ugly reservoir out of sight entirely..
unfortunately cement and earth… tanks in my basement :(

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on your DIY skills you could look on Amazon and search A Class Customs. They have various sizes of fresh water storage containers that are used for RV's or Boats. You will find a couple under your price point if it helps any.

robotrash

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The IM reservoirs I would second. I have the 5 gallon and I would have no qualms having it out if needed and filling it is a breeze. They're on the precier side but they're also glass, and heavy.

Derrick0580

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have one each of the Innovative Marine reservoirs and can not recommend them enough. Not unsightly and beyond easy to fill with their pull out drawer type filler port. Pricier than most but worth it if quality and functionality is what you are after.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd worry about the food-safeness of a container of that sort...
Yea, good call, guess it would depend on the material. Ceramic should be fine as I doubt they glaze the inside.
Could find something else that would hold a water bag or some other liner.

Anything besides something made to gouge your eyeballs out.

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can make a nice looking cheap ATO container by buying a 10 gallon rimless aquarium and using either a opaque piece of acrylic or starboard as a lid. Drill some holes for access and you are done. I prefer an opaque rather than clear lid so you don't have to look at the condensation that collects. If you want to cover up the holes you can use cord grommets. This is cheaper than an acrylic ATO container. When I was looking into this issue I decided to get a small cabinet and put in the largest container that would fit inside.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
As the title of the thread states, I would like to stop manually topping off my tank so I will be investing in an auto top off. I have had many and for whatever reason, have just been manually topping off my 110 system daily. I think I will be going with a Tunze but open to suggestions in the ATO arena.

Anyway, since this reservoir will be out in the open, I would prefer it to be somewhat elegant looking. Perhaps I could just use a black bucket but I am interested in something more on the lines of 10 gallons so I do not have to worry about refilling it every weekend.

I see some really nice options from Trigger Systems, Hmahli, and Royal Exclusiv. However these are all ridiculously expensive. I will pay $800 for a light but I truly draw the line at $300 for a black 10g acrylic box. What are some DIY options? I think there are some minimal looking. garbage cans out there but I want to see some ideas.

Cheers!!
Trigger systems blemished reservoirs.

Case closed.

You buy direct from them on blemished goods. Good luck finding the blemish for Hough because every time I take advantage of their discounts, I feel like the shipped me a non-blemished product.

dschuffert

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And Sterilite containers are food safe as well.
Make sure you verify using the safe plastic logos. All plastics are not the same.

1000004989.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.2%
Back