ATO Reservoir— Not a bucket but not $200?

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
personally I just spent way too much money on a setup and just can't justify any type of eyesore for a simple water container. thats another reason why I bought something a bit more $. only buying stuff on sale at least.

Aqua62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on your DIY capabilities and craftsmanship, make your own reservoir. I too got tired of topping off my 180 so I made a 10 gallon reservoir to fit a specific area under the tank, this way you can customize the size to make it fit where you want. Just regular acrylic from HD some gluing and there you have it. Probably totally cost me around $180 to make, it does what I want. Top it off about once a week in the summer and about 2 weeks in the winter.
20200223_221852.jpg

Joe's Coral Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
I like to use a 10 gallon aqueon tank for ato. $10 at petco. You could fancy it up with a custom lid from an acrylic vendor.

mues

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went the cheap route as well... 10 gallon brute with gravity fed line and float

immo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Perhaps get a hutch or small cabinet or something from ikea, then put whatever reservoir you want inside. The reservoir can be out in the open, but still hidden. Would just need to drill a tiny hole for the wires.
I have little to add to this conversation, but I have to say awesome display name!

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha, my ATO reservoir is a 5g plastic container!
I used the same for a year too. I just wanted more capacity so I didn't need to change it each week plus my doser and fan fit perfect on top of the ATO tank.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Depending on your DIY capabilities and craftsmanship, make your own reservoir. I too got tired of topping off my 180 so I made a 10 gallon reservoir to fit a specific area under the tank, this way you can customize the size to make it fit where you want. Just regular acrylic from HD some gluing and there you have it. Probably totally cost me around $180 to make, it does what I want. Top it off about once a week in the summer and about 2 weeks in the winter.
20200223_221852.jpg
Very nice work but they do sell slimline ATO like that already too and at less cost but I always admire good DIY skills.

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 90, I use a 44 gallon Brute Container and a glass top. I only fill it once a month or so. I put an end table cover from Walmart over the whole thing. It looks like an end table and gives me a hard, flat surface next to the tank. I use the tunze ATO and probably would not use anything else.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For my 90, I use a 44 gallon Brute Container and a glass top. I only fill it once a month or so. I put an end table cover from Walmart over the whole thing. It looks like an end table and gives me a hard, flat surface next to the tank. I use the tunze ATO and probably would not use anything else.
You use 44 gallons of top off water a month on a 90?

ReefGeezer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You use 44 gallons of top off water a month on a 90?
Not quite, but my tank does evaporate almost 1 to just over 1.25 gallons per day depending on the season... big lights... lots of flow... etc. I would rather run the RODI for a longer period required to fill a big reservoir, close the top back up, and forget about it for a month. Some times the container is still 1/3rd full after 30 days. Other times it is almost empty. I also use that water as a ready source when RODI water is needed for other uses like water changes and mixing additive solutions. You could use a smaller container if your tank doesn't evaporate as much or you don't need RODI water at the ready.

Running large quantities of water all at once also saves a little on DI Resin.

PeterErc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most certainly an originally underlying meaning. Glad to see other people still like the Doors.
Alright, never claimed to be the smartest in the bunch, or even smart. I am so lost, other than still liking the Doors.

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trigger systems blemished reservoirs.

Case closed.

You buy direct from them on blemished goods. Good luck finding the blemish for Hough because every time I take advantage of their discounts, I feel like the shipped me a non-blemished product.
That's like me with buying open box from Coralvue. The listing's always says the box was previously opened and damaged but it's always been like new and worked. Saved a lot of good money on their open box items.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back