Attempting to raise clownfish eggs

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

I've got a tank with a pair of clownfish that have been laying eggs for probably half a year now. Finally got some time to set up a bucket of rotifers and another bucket for the eggs themselves. My plan is to remove the rock (that the eggs are on) in the afternoon of the 7th day since they were laid. I am not able to check on the tank at night, but will be back in the morning to add rotifers, assuming they haven't already died out. If all goes to plan and I somehow manage to keep them alive, I have several grow out tanks available for them. I'll do my best to update this post regularly, so feel free to join me along my journey!

PNG image.png

PNG image.png

OP
OP
NotFishyFishGuy

NotFishyFishGuy

There’s a reason I’m broke now...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they are in a habit of laying in the same place every time. I would add a piece of clay flower pot or slate in that area. Then you can remove it instead of the rock.
Will try that for the next batch, thanks!

Bph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I always wait till the night they hatch and use a white coffee cup and a led light turn off all flow shine the light in the cup the newly hatched fry will swim into the cup.

Bph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Also the best way is to drip water from your display into your fry tank, then drip water from your fry tank back into your display sump that way your water always stay the same.

Sens2006

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also the best way is to drip water from your display into your fry tank, then drip water from your fry tank back into your display sump that way your water always stay the same.
How do you plan to achieve that?

Bph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I use 1/4 inch tubing and valves my fry tank sits beside my main tank on a stand high enough to drain back into my main tanks sump .

Bph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What I do is the evening they are to hatch as soon as the lights go off I turn of all pumps and with a dim flash light and a white cup , take the flash light and shine it into the cup the fry will swim into the cup, the reason why is because the parent clowns now how to best care for there young fry. Then place the caught fry in your fry tank good luck.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 129 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back