13   0   0
2.4 ghz is the key. Very few lights link with 5g

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve setup one of this few weeks ago. Its very tricky but possible.
Your wifi should be 2.4 ghz, not 5ghz.
Telephone, not tablet.
It took me quite a few days to get it and not sure about how I did it LOL but now its working and about to order a second unit.
Be patience and you will nail it.
Id look around before ordering any more. I am currently getting ready to order a jebao al150 from either fish street or aquariumlowcost.com.
Also going to order the yet to be released light from ledzeal.com and test both. They both have wifi apps that are leaps and bounds above the wifi blackbox. Hell the ledzeal have their own wifi channel when you go to choose your internet connection on your device!

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im ordering one of each on friday. Ill post pics of them and make youtube videos when they arrive

evan42781

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so one thing im confused about. I have some reef radiance lights that i cant control anymore as it used the aqdim3 app that is no longer. I dont understand why yall keep saying use the 2.4ghz on your router to connect to the lights?? I never used my router in the past. I would use my phone and connect to the lights wifi, open the app and the app would connect to the light. I never had to do anything with the wifi in my house, so what am i missing??
Also looks like some people have a link to download the aqdim3 app?? can someone email to me at [email protected]?

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys so one thing im confused about. I have some reef radiance lights that i cant control anymore as it used the aqdim3 app that is no longer. I dont understand why yall keep saying use the 2.4ghz on your router to connect to the lights?? I never used my router in the past. I would use my phone and connect to the lights wifi, open the app and the app would connect to the light. I never had to do anything with the wifi in my house, so what am i missing??
Also looks like some people have a link to download the aqdim3 app?? can someone email to me at [email protected]?
What gig was your house router? The wifi runs on a 2.4gig band. If you have 5g internet. and a 3g or faster phone then you have connection issues.
I had to buy a secondary router that ran 2.4g in order for the app to work properly. The manufacturer, evergrow is the one who explained this to me.

evan42781

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What gig was your house router? The wifi runs on a 2.4gig band. If you have 5g internet. and a 3g or faster phone then you have connection issues.
I had to buy a secondary router that ran 2.4g in order for the app to work properly. The manufacturer, evergrow is the one who explained this to me.
I have both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi in my house. I tried using the 2.4. But i still dont understand how the two are related. I never had to use my home wifi to connect before. I have the reefradiance lights and before would connect straight to the light with my phone and then open the Aqdim3 app. I never used my home wifi.
So how am i supposed to do it now??

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light are you trying to connect? I had to buy a dedicated 2.4g router to be able to connect my dual band router wouldnt work as its automatically 5 unless overloaded. Once i set my ph to the 2.4g router in the wifi selection i could then communicate with the blackbox app. Otherwise the app couldnt find the lights. I still had issues with them and finally replaced them with my current light fixture which is waY better.

evan42781

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What light are you trying to connect? I had to buy a dedicated 2.4g router to be able to connect my dual band router wouldnt work as its automatically 5 unless overloaded. Once i set my ph to the 2.4g router in the wifi selection i could then communicate with the blackbox app. Otherwise the app couldnt find the lights. I still had issues with them and finally replaced them with my current light fixture which is waY better.
I have some older ReefRadiance lights. Also i am able to manually select between my 2.4 and 5 ghz wireless bands.

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some older ReefRadiance lights. Also i am able to manually select between my 2.4 and 5 ghz wireless bands.
So can i with my main router but the lights still would not connect. I had to buy a seperate dedicated 2.4g

zwieseldave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,

I bought a couple of these of a guy as he couldnt get them to work, I downgraded my Router to 2.4 Ghz and I can connect fine, problem is I have no instructions to setup the timer etc, Can someone point me to a vid or help me out to setup basic timings? Thanks

Shooter6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mone had a 24 hr schedule, where each hr you set the percent of light you want on each channel

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

• I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other.

Back