Automatic Dosing Containers: What are you using? Show us yours!

Do you use a "made for dosing" container or just anything that will hold liquid?

• Made for Dosing

Votes: 84 30.5%
  • Anything that holds liquid

Votes: 167 60.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 24 8.7%

• Total voters

TangerineSpeedo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I believe they were designed to be used with that sump and fit where they angled the corner of the sump off.
Im not familiar with a stackable vertex container, the only ones I know of are the Libra containers. I’m sure they’re nice though, Vertex made really good quality products. It’s a shame they went under.
The ones I have are the Libra containers. 250s The S stands for Stackable. The quality is amazing even the packaging is great. I might even have some extras for sale at a very unreasonable price.
IMG_9367.jpeg

cvicente

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS dosers and 500ml Erlenmeyer glass flasks (enough capacity for 2 weeks ) Don't like to use large containers for safety reasons.

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're continuing our theme for the week discussing dosing, dosing methods, dosing equipment etc. Today let's talk about dosing containers and share photos of what we're using!

Do you use a "made for dosing" container or just anything that will hold liquid? Show us a photo!
I use the two containers that the B-Ionic 2-part Calcium/Alkalinity supplement came in (just dilute with water)

I have All-For-Reef also which I don’t use often, but that is powder which I mixed in a smart water bottle.

For measuring I ordered a set of graduated cylinders on Amazon which I love.

59B0428E-D598-4119-AEEF-0491401435B7.jpeg

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the two containers the b-ionic 2 part calc alk came in (just dilute with water)

I have All-For-Reef also which I don’t use often, but that is powder which I mixed in a smart water bottle.

For measuring I ordered a set of graduated cylinders on Amazon which I love.
Btw is my image showing as attachment? It looks like others are showing full picture? Am I doing this wrong lol?

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Extra large Hellmann’s mayonnaise jars (1 gallon) for calcium and alkalinity. 20-ounce jars I bought on Amazon for vinegar and trace elements (Essential Elements).

2CB84AC4-5C88-4A8D-81A9-F49F9267ED04.jpeg C13F4C6D-0620-497D-8655-4A89F706E026.jpeg

TwinTurboSnail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My alk and calc containers are cereal containers that hold 1 gallon, and were purchased from WalMart. I prefer these because I can see the liquid level right through the side and they have a wide opening in the top to make refilling easy with no spills. DIY NOPOX is just using the vodka bottle. Simply change out the bottle when it is needed.

1658334455492.png
That’s rad.

bruno3047

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Btw is my image showing as attachment? It looks like others are showing full picture? Am I doing this wrong lol?
If you haven’t figured it out yet, you can change the post to show the actual photo rather than the thumbnail by clicking on “edit” and then “save”. It should then transition to the actual photo rather than the thumbnail.

TWYOUNG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a cheapo dosing container for my all for reef from Amazon and a 5 gallon bucket for Kalkwasser behind my tank. So I put other because I use both!

If it’s hidden, any container is a great way to save some money over a custom acrylic dosing container.
Help a newbie out here and let me know how you mix and store your Kalkwasser without it precipitating. My first attempt was a disaster.

Bitcoin Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you haven’t figured it out yet, you can change the post to show the actual photo rather than the thumbnail by clicking on “edit” and then “save”. It should then transition to the actual photo rather than the thumbnail.
Oh how funny. I actually just coincidentally edited my post, and it seemed to fix it. I thought it was just because I reloaded. Thanks good to know!

TheDuude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alk cal and mag in my Amazon special dosing container and Kno3 in a mason jar for now.

I picked this dosing container on sale for 35 and like that it shows volume left in the container.
PXL_20220720_211918038.jpg

editour2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nice to have/use large containers however if/when the doser goes out of whack it can dose the total amount of liquid in the container. This happened to me with a Pacific Sun Kore 5 doser. It dumped 800ml of trace elements into my display tank in 2 hours. The proper dosage was 16ml per day. This killed all my tangs at the time...7 tangs to be exact. Needless to say I never put too much liquid in a container that can have such an effect in the event things go bad.

Attachments

• 20210816_134115.jpg
    20210816_134115.jpg
    137.9 KB · Views: 69

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back