AV corals Reefer 350

AV corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.
I wanted to take a second and create this build thread. Tank has been wet for about 1 year and two months.

Current DT is a reefer 350 with 20 gal sump.
Using neptune cor 20 for the return.
Redsea RSK 600 skimmer
UV 18watt
BRS carbon & GFO reactors
Dosing ReefPro A+B
2x Nero 5 wave makers on pulse mode- 1sec on,1 sec off 100% other is 2 seconds on, 1 sec off 100%
using Vivids 1/2 RFG
3x Reefled 90's

Live stock includes:
1x blue hippo
1x yellowtang
2x Whitetail dascyllus
1x Chrysiptera cyanea
2x Divinici Clown pair (they just laid eggs by their anemone but i dont think I can do anything about it)
1x Acreichthys tomentosus

Let me know if you guys and gals have any questions!

Reeffffeedrrr.png

IMG_16192582.jpg

excuse the little diatoms. Had a nitrate bottom out, luckily everything survived and nitrate + phos are getting back to normal. Phos 0.06 nitrates 12.3. my corals love the nitrates

ekandler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow way out of my budget lol
Honestly a lot of reef stuff you can get used to save money, the tank itself included although that can be risky but a tank of this size is always going to be expensive.

I have a reefer 350 too and the tank itself new is going to be $2,500. You can do Chinese pumps and get 2 power heads and a return pump new for $200 total or go something like ecotech/AI and Spend $800 on pumps new or try to find them used. Skimmer is great used because the replacement pumps are usually less than $100, a lot of the value is in the acrylic construction which as long as someone didn’t break it won’t go bad.

lights are a problem on bigger tanks too, I have 2 XR30s over mine so lights with the arms were $2000 just for lights. Then if you want an apex/trident/DOS for auto testing and dosing 2 part that’s another $1500-$2000.

it’s an expensive hobby for sure ha the smaller you go the cheaper it is.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back