aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any updates?

I attended the LEAR swap in Cleveland, Ohio last weekend and picked up the original Leng Sy Cap with proven lineage from Tony & Sanjay. I love the hard to find old school gems and have the perfect place for this coral when the new reef is ready.

First picture is the frag I received and the second picture is from Sanjay's mother colony.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I really appreciate your comment! It can be very challenging locating and keeping the original old school corals going. Rommel had many original gems you just don't see in the hobby anyone. Atlantis too!

I am inspired by the passion you have for the corals. It is so cool.

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Glad to have you following along and checking for updates....Very awesome! I have been distracted lately with non reef related projects but will post some updates on my build thread soon. ;)

Keep checking back for updates. The anticipation is killing us. Lol

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very nice!!

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I attended the LEAR swap in Cleveland, Ohio last weekend and picked up the original Leng Sy Cap with proven lineage from Tony & Sanjay. I love the hard to find old school gems and have the perfect place for this coral when the new reef is ready.

First picture is the frag I received and the second picture is from Sanjay's mother colony.

My favorite. Didn't it also come out in one of Sprungs reef books? I remember it from the miracle mud system way back when. That's an awesome piece. Can't wait to see it flourish in your set up!

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You are correct, Daniel. The Miracle Mud refugium substrate was developed by Leng Sy way back in 1989 if I recall. Always appreciated the Leng Sy Cap as well.

My favorite. Didn't it also come out in one of Sprungs reef books? I remember it from the miracle mud system way back when. That's an awesome piece. Can't wait to see it flourish in your set up!

locito277

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct, Daniel. The Miracle Mud refugium substrate was developed by Leng Sy way back in 1989 if I recall. Always appreciated the Leng Sy Cap as well.

I'm looking to add MM to my system now. Need acrylic person to make me a tray to hold it :) do you use it or have used it before?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 16.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 10.0%
Back