aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, Nathan!
FILL IT UP!!! ;Drowning

It is a huge milestone and thanks for the compliment!
Congratulations on the milestone!

Thank you, Bronc! If I did not have so much on my plate now, I would consider it.
We need a live stream to watch the tank filling!

A live stream would be cool!
This sums up reefers perfectly.....and I totally agree, set that up for us. That would be exciting!

Thank you, Ed!
Way to go Tim
emoji106.png
emoji3.png

And Thank you, Goerge!
LET'S GOOOOOO!

Thanks, Shawn!
Great news Tim!!! I'm sure you are excited to get it going.

I appreciate the amazing compliment and thank you for taking the time to read over my entire build thread.:)
Cant wait see this tank done just read the whole build thread what an incredible tank

Thank you, Daniel!

You got it my friend! Making some progress on the water level.
Water level update request: :cool:

compressedtankwater.jpg

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So stoked Tim for this amazing milestone ! Maybe soon its time for a frag pack for me again as I lost a few to dreaded dinos .
May be I missed it but what are gonna use for protein skimmer and flow in the tank ?

Regards,
Abhishek

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, buddy! I have a lot on my plate of late, but hope to get back to the reef project soon.

FINALLY!!!! I'm so excited!

It would have been a good joke but doubt Felix would have found it funny. ;)

Missed April fools chance! You could have told us it was leaking :D

Just waiting to finish the sump trim and start plumbing everything together. No substrate, just bare bottom going forward.

Hows the water fill going? What type of substrate are you planning on using?
Jeff

Last edited:
OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks, Abhishek! I will be using a large /oversized external recirculating skimmer for my display and will be using up to 6(six) MP 60 pumps for flow.

So stoked Tim for this amazing milestone ! Maybe soon its time for a frag pack for me again as I lost a few to dreaded dinos .
May be I missed it but what are gonna use for protein skimmer and flow in the tank ?

Regards,
Abhishek
compressedskimmer1az.jpg

compressedpumps12.jpg

veloboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is coming together! Tim, I may have missed it throughout the thread...do you have a fish list for the 600 yet? I'm pretty sure you're a SPS head like me - meaning fish come secondary to coral but thought you might have a few beauties on the short list?

biecacka

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He currently has some amazing fish from his previous set up roaming around his basement in various tanks, but he will probably add some more. Something is going to have to feed those awesome corals he's putting in there!:lol:

Tim, I just got back from Puerto Rico last week, was there for 75 days. Let me get this tank back in order and make sure everything is stable and I'll be ready for a few pieces from you buddy!

Corey

OP
OP
aquavista99

aquavista99

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you very much for the amazing compliment! It is amazing how much I need the pumps and lighting system to help generate heat for a larger system. Otherwise, I would need to add additional aquarium heaters as well.

Wow nice skimmer, you will not have to worry about heating your aquarium in the winter. Epic build thanks for sharing.

Thanks, Corey! Hope you had a great time on the Island. I just returned from an extended beach vacation myself. Looking forward to touching base with you soon.

He currently has some amazing fish from his previous set up roaming around his basement in various tanks, but he will probably add some more. Something is going to have to feed those awesome corals he's putting in there!:lol:Tim, I just got back from Puerto Rico last week, was there for 75 days. Let me get this tank back in order and make sure everything is stable and I'll be ready for a few pieces from you buddy!

No fish list yet my friend but I am sure it will include a lot of tangs, and will include my existing fish as well. Some have been with me since 2004 like my Chocolate tang.

This thing is coming together! Tim, I may have missed it throughout the thread...do you have a fish list for the 600 yet? I'm pretty sure you're a SPS head like me - meaning fish come secondary to coral but thought you might have a few beauties on the short list?

Welcome aboard and thank you for following my build thread!
Really nice executed build thus far! tagging along for the ride

Thanks for the compliment and reminder about how much electricity I consume. It keeps on adding up too. ;)
Wow monster size skimmer with 6 eheim pump that's going to drain a lot of electricity I hope you have solar :)

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 62 55.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.2%
Back