65% royal blue
65% violet
65% uv
50% blue
15% white
13% green
8% red
for 12 hours a day
(i have a 40 breeder but i’m buying another prime soon)

i don’t change my lights much because i like stability, although i did bump the whites up higher yesterday, i like seeing other pints of view so what do you guys run as far as the time and average spectrum of your lights, and if you have an ai prime what intensity? all inputs are appreciated and feel free to include pictures of your tank and or schedule
60765DAE-C072-4D1F-B6E2-8A87D7CA2C60.png

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was a betting man, which I am not, folks will say you have too much of green and red in there. I will say that if your tank and corals are doing well, thats all it matters, and you shouldnt change things for the sake of changing them. Thats where trouble and issues start.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I was a betting man, which I am not, folks will say you have too much of green and red in there. I will say that if your tank and corals are doing well, thats all it matters, and you shouldnt change things for the sake of changing them. Thats where trouble and issues start.

Shoot. I’d be comfortable having white red and green at equal percentages to blue and violet if the correct par levels were observed

OP
OP
william swann

william swann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea i know i do run them higher than usual, i did some research about green light penetration in water and saw that corals get a lot more green than people think, tbh it didn’t make a difference really except for a slightly different look to the tank at times, bet i could be wrong about everything so just my input lol but it’s been this way for over a year now
79B22E5D-8B6E-499F-870D-DE2668259468.png

OP
OP
william swann

william swann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve also learned that increasing whites is more “harsh” on corals than increasing greens and reds without an acclimation period

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s because white leds are actually royal blue leds with an additional phosphor layer to add other colors that blend to white. It’s the same effect as turning your red blue and green up simultaneously

OP
OP
william swann

william swann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s because white leds are actually royal blue leds with an additional phosphor layer to add other colors that blend to white. It’s the same effect as turning your red blue and green up simultaneously
makes sense

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back