Baby mantis shrimp

dragonlvr94

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 18, 2023
Messages
17
Reaction score
73
Location
Jackson
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I have a full grown peacock mantis today I picked up a baby mantis maybe a inch long. Anyone have any ideas what kind it may be?

20230818_215533.jpg 20230818_210553.jpg 20230818_210315.jpg
 
"I shall call him... Mini-Me".


Lol he really is! I've never seen one so dang small It's maybe not even a inch at the biggest a inch it's tiny. This picture next to the silicone on its tank and the normal size Glass cleaner.
 

Attachments

  • 20230819_142251.jpg
    20230819_142251.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 104
It does look like a smasher mantis shrimp,so its probably your bigger mantis shrimp's baby. Dont ask me how but some animals sometimes can give birth without mateing.
 
gonodactylus ternatensis?
 
I had one of these come in as a hitchhiker about 27 years ago, from a live rock shipment from Tampa Bay Saltwater. I was 15 and the tank was in my bedroom, I would her snapping at night as the shrimp was hunting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 16 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 9.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new