Back at it again! Red Sea 300xl

Hunt3r

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 22, 2016
Messages
539
Reaction score
190
Location
Cali
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
RedSea 300xl tank tour

Hi guys! So I’m back at it again. 3 yearsago, I sold my redsea 350 to a local reefer. He asked me if I’ll ever go back to get a tank again. I said no but until I found my old stuff like sicce return pump in our storage. Pulled it out and my wife told me I can put a tank in the office. So I did, I put a fluval evo and used that tank for 2 yrs. I’ve been doing all the updates in our house then my wife finally told me I should get a bigger tank for a space we have in the living room since I’ve been putting up some hard work around the house. So i slowly gather my stuff like hydra and gyre here at the marketplace.

I found this redsea 300 locally and I know the guy and pretty much throw in a a complete set and all that were missing were light and powerhead which i have. So yeah now my tank running for a month now and transferred what i had in fluval to this tank. Check out my youtube account for my video of the tank tour. Thanks

98435093-E5A5-4274-9934-DEC0E268FBAB.jpeg
IMG_8693.jpeg
 
Welcome back and I have the same tank so great choice.
 

Attachments

  • 20240722_142420.jpg
    20240722_142420.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 93
Welcome back and I have the same tank so great choice.
Thanks bro! I think size is perfect for what i need. I was looking at Fiji cube but it will cost me more. Tank comes with skimmer, co2 scrubber, uv, custom rockscape, and a ecotech S2. Not an ecotech guy so i sold it. That was easy $200 off..
 
Thanks bro! I think size is perfect for what i need. I was looking at Fiji cube but it will cost me more. Tank comes with skimmer, co2 scrubber, uv, custom rockscape, and a ecotech S2. Not an ecotech guy so i sold it. That was easy $200 off..
They are solid tanks but if you got it second hand just be alert to issues due to lack of proper care. Blasting a powerheads at the side walls causes seam problems according to my LFS and I have to agree with this opinion.

I went with all ecotech components so I could have everything on one app.
 
Yeah! He is within our group so i’ve seen his tank and the it was well taken care off.
I have my apex for automation.
 
RedSea 300xl tank tour

Hi guys! So I’m back at it again. 3 yearsago, I sold my redsea 350 to a local reefer. He asked me if I’ll ever go back to get a tank again. I said no but until I found my old stuff like sicce return pump in our storage. Pulled it out and my wife told me I can put a tank in the office. So I did, I put a fluval evo and used that tank for 2 yrs. I’ve been doing all the updates in our house then my wife finally told me I should get a bigger tank for a space we have in the living room since I’ve been putting up some hard work around the house. So i slowly gather my stuff like hydra and gyre here at the marketplace.

I found this redsea 300 locally and I know the guy and pretty much throw in a a complete set and all that were missing were light and powerhead which i have. So yeah now my tank running for a month now and transferred what i had in fluval to this tank. Check out my youtube account for my video of the tank tour. Thanks

98435093-E5A5-4274-9934-DEC0E268FBAB.jpeg
IMG_8693.jpeg
Love your aquascape design!
 
Awesome man! Just got my 300xl last week also! Upgrading from a biocube so learning the sump world now
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new