Background Dilemma

dannyd_

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 22, 2021
Messages
186
Reaction score
146
Location
Tampa Bay Area
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all. I just recently joined but I have come across an issue with the design for a tank I am making. I want to have a black background, but I can't paint the outside becuase of its design.
Angled View 3.22.21.PNG


The black divider pictured will be made of glass, but that is what I want to be black. But how can I make it black since the opposite side will be part of the filtration? Is there a reef safe paint that I can use on the inside of the tank? Thanks in advance.
 
black tinted glass? acrylic comes in black. I'm a glass fan because of scratch resistance. Will defer to others
 
Upvote 0
black tinted glass? acrylic comes in black. I'm a glass fan because of scratch resistance. Will defer to others
Thanks for the suggestion, when I talk to the business cutting the glass I will ask about that.
 
Upvote 0
I just thought that for this divider I could take two sheets of eighth inch glass, paint the back of one side, and then silicone them together?? The paint layer would be in-between the two sheets of glass, and I would be able to drill through it as usual. I'm assuming that as long as I silicone all the sides of this divider properly, then it won't be an issue of any water coming in contact with the paint. Does this seem safe?
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 27.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 31.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 24.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new