Bad Anemone?

Squidz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Found these hitchhikers today. Are they the bad stinging Anemones? Should I 86 them?

Thank you.

20210801_131548_resized.jpg

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your fingers on the rock. Make note of exactly where they are. Then remove the rock to a small bowl of tank water. Once again verify where they are, then remove the rock from the water. My preference is to cook them with boiling water in a syringe. Hold the rock so that the hot water doesn't bother those very pretty mushroom and just boil the bejeezus out of them. Then pour on enough hydrogen peroxide to cover the area, allow it to stand for several minutes, then rinse in the bowl and return the rock to your tank. It is just a little more effort, but in the long run your tank will be much better off. Any fragment left in the tank can and will grow into another, and another, and another of the little buggers.

OP
OP
Squidz

Squidz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I will start now.
Thank you guys! I really appreciate it.

OP
OP
Squidz

Squidz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see your fingers on the rock. Make note of exactly where they are. Then remove the rock to a small bowl of tank water. Once again verify where they are, then remove the rock from the water. My preference is to cook them with boiling water in a syringe. Hold the rock so that the hot water doesn't bother those very pretty mushroom and just boil the bejeezus out of them. Then pour on enough hydrogen peroxide to cover the area, allow it to stand for several minutes, then rinse in the bowl and return the rock to your tank. It is just a little more effort, but in the long run your tank will be much better off. Any fragment left in the tank can and will grow into another, and another, and another of the little buggers.
Worked like a charm.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 27 50.9%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 28 52.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 10 18.9%
  • None.

Votes: 12 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.7%
Back