Base recession help.

Stormhaven

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2017
Messages
121
Reaction score
36
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any help with the spreading stn.
After my phosphorus dropped to zero a few weeks ago I ended up losing three colonies.
Po4 is now 0.02
No3 10
Mag 1350
Alk 7.2
Salinity 1.025
Cal 450.
Not sure if this is typical fallout from zero po4 .
20190518_211701.jpeg
20190518_211536.jpeg
20190518_211515.jpeg
20190518_211444.jpeg
20190518_211500.jpeg
 
Carbon dosing, vinegar, also causes stn. Stop the vinegar and your corals will recover
 
I would boost your alk level some too. Seems when I get that low or much above 9.5 I start to have problems.
Jeff
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new