Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@90's reefer

1662334228363.png

I took Alkalinity twice. The first reading was 7.0, and the 2nd is 6.7.
Regarding Mag, you measure what is left. In this test I used .91 ml, .09 ml was left for a 1365 reading. Is this correct?
Salinity I am still using my Hanna pen.

Not sure if I should dose 3ml Part 1 & 2, and 1ml Trace. OR just wait till tmrw afternoon and test again.

Thank you!

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For now dose once a day. Test in the morning and we will adjust then. You want to dose once a day for now. That alk level will not hurt your system. You need to run and test for a few days with no breaks. That will determine your dose. Its a learning experience.
Mag is fine dose 1ml trace.

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like we will start at 3ml. Test for a week at noon and make adds.
After a week if stable we can go to every other day testing.
You we begin to understand your tanks useage. This will allow you to scale up your dosage when 3ml is not enough.

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not posting the message below till after you comment, but this is what my gut tells me.

If I am allowed to make an assumption... I believe

1. 1ML Part 1 & 2 daily
  2. 1ML Trace twice week (Wed & Sat)
  3. Test all on Sunday
Going to Dose 3ml Part 1&2.
Do you want me to dose Trace? We dosed yesterday

Some annoying news to tell you. I am dropping my daughter off at Savannah tmrw. So I will be away tomorrow Sept 7th and back Sat. Sept 10.

After this week my schedule should be more home. Sorry for this.

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what your system is going to do when away. Anyone dosing?
These get dosed daily
3ml esv daily
1ml trace daily
Not sure what 1ml a day 2 part
means.
Understood.

It seemed that we were dosing twice a week 3ML of Part 1 and 3ML Part 2 and 1 ML Trace.

I can have my daughter dose 3ML Part 1 & 2 and 1ML Trace each day. But will have to wait till Sat for testing.
Do you want me to do that?

OP
OP
Gaspipe

Gaspipe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@90's reefer

I just wanted you to know I am VERY appreciative of the help, advice, and guidance.

My tank hasn't looked this good since it got wet. My algae is slowly subsiding. My floor looks so clean. The corals are even looking better. I had a RTA Carnage Micromussa that was all but gone. I actually see 3 heads and it's getting plump. For a while it was shrinking.

I know it seems everytime we make some progress we take a step back due to not regular testing. But I promise I will do all that you ask of within my ability (in this case my physically presence being home).

So thank you again.
-Gaspare

X-37B

Fight The Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@90's reefer

I just wanted you to know I am VERY appreciative of the help, advice, and guidance.

My tank hasn't looked this good since it got wet. My algae is slowly subsiding. My floor looks so clean. The corals are even looking better. I had a RTA Carnage Micromussa that was all but gone. I actually see 3 heads and it's getting plump. For a while it was shrinking.

I know it seems everytime we make some progress we take a step back due to not regular testing. But I promise I will do all that you ask of within my ability (in this case my physically presence being home).

So thank you again.
-Gaspare
Your welcome. Just keep it simple.
Dont forget to post pics!

Back