Battery Powered Airpump

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had a power outage today, only 40 minutes, so nothing bad happened, but it got me thinking about battery backups.

I know there's battery powered air pumps, but everything I have seen has to be manually turned on.

Are there any models or other devices a person can use so have a battery airpump kick on when the power shuts off?

Other recommendations for battery backups?

Gablami

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

larger version with two outputs:

slojim

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anybody use any of these? I might get a second QT air pump, and if it serves double duty as a battery back-up, then all the better. Today I use an old whisper 600 by tetra, it works well and is indeed quiet, but I probably bought it 10 years ago and don't use it a lot. It's gotten more use over the past 2 months as a micro-bubble scrubber tool while fighting off some algae (successfully) than it has in a long time. But it puts plenty of bubbles to the bottom of my 30" deep tank, right under a stream3.

Blue Spot Octopus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Rescue Air week link is the batter charger, they do not work for long, so recharging the unit is difficult.

dcfdgaloot

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I picked up two or the rescue air units recently for the same reasons. I can't get them it turn on automaticlly when i kill the power. They work fine with power and battery only. I've tried every combo I can think of to test them. Can't get it to function.

Any advice??? Thanks

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this for my tanks:
1600285814421.png

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've personally used this one in my quarantine tank. Works great. Kicks on when the powers lost. And you can set it to either run constantly or pulse, and you can extend the pulse increments.

Larry L

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I also replied in the other thread:

I have several, and one of the ones I just got recently did not come on as expected when disconnected from power. I talked with Cobalt support, they said it was probably a bad circuit board so they asked me to open a support ticket on their site and they sent me a new one at no cost.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Walmart sporting goods (for fishing)- $12.88

Brian_68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

larger version with two outputs:

These work great for me, have one on each tank in my house, 4 total. They have kicked on flawlessly with any blip in the power that lasts a few seconds. You do have to then reset them when the power turns back on but a small price to pay. They have enough pressure to be used at the bottom of my 125 tank.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
AFAIK neither of those will automatically turn on when the power goes out, like the Cobalt ones do.
Doesnt need to be automatic. Simply place the battery within and its' running

Karen00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Penn Plax most certainly does turn on. I have used it. Yes, it is loud.
Are you talking about the white Penn Plax? I think it might be called the Air Pod. This one turns on automatically and uses four D batteries for power. It says it will give 150 hours continuous use so if you have a bunch of D batteries you could keep your tank going for a long time with this unit. I have the blue Penn Plax that is battery powered but it has to be turned on manually. I'm thinking of getting the Air Pod version just in case of a prolonged power outage (longer than 72 hours) and buying lots of D batteries.

Sebastiancrab

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you talking about the white Penn Plax? I think it might be called the Air Pod. This one turns on automatically and uses four D batteries for power. It says it will give 150 hours continuous use so if you have a bunch of D batteries you could keep your tank going for a long time with this unit. I have the blue Penn Plax that is battery powered but it has to be turned on manually. I'm thinking of getting the Air Pod version just in case of a prolonged power outage (longer than 72 hours) and buying lots of D batteries.
My bad above and the post won't let me edit it. It is the Penn Plax B11 not the B10 and it turns on auto and takes 2 D batteries:
1600358809897.png

Back