Battlecorals Display Tank?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Haggisman14

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Adam,

We obviously all LOVE your corals, and everything that Battlecorals stands for, but was wondering. Do you have a personal display tank in your home. Do you ONLY keep SPS in it, or do you dabble with some Zoa's or LPS corals.

Just curious and thought it would be cool to see what one of the SPS masters does for his own personal viewing.

Thanks!

Abhishek

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is one of Adam's old videos when he was testing gyres in his personal tank. Look at the Schizo :eek: :-

An old video of Adam's 2007 beauty when it was still very young :-

Adam, hope you don't mind :) but true - we need new videos .

Regards,
Abhishek

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may be wrong, but I don’t believe he has personal tanks, just what’s in his farm. But I know he was planning on having quasi-DT tanks… basically grow out tanks with LR in them

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I may be wrong, but I don’t believe he has personal tanks, just what’s in his farm. But I know he was planning on having quasi-DT tanks… basically grow out tanks with LR in them
correct

I took my 30x30 miracles tank down around spring of 2020. The tank was on autopilot for sure but I totally screwed it up by being super careless cleaning hot tub filters in and around the same filter socks I was using. I was telling myself welp, this is bad idea but let's see what happens.... Like I just telegraphed the whole thing, and sure enough it wasn't too long after that stuff started to go downhill.

But, it was the excuse I needed to take it down. Believe it or not you get to a point where it's actually super liberating taking a tank down. At least for me lol. And, I did manage to salvage just about everything that was in there, so I still get to look at it every day:)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back