Battlecorals Snipes Blue Discussion Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would take this time to remove any (if any are left) acros from the system and starve any remaining AEFWs out. Might as well see some good come from this.
The FF digi and anacropora aren't true acros, nor actually eaten by AEFW from everything I have read. Also, I have nowhere else to go with them anyway, so I'd have to just throw them out.

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The FF digi and anacropora aren't true acros, nor actually eaten by AEFW from everything I have read. Also, I have nowhere else to go with them anyway, so I'd have to just throw them out.

I wouldn't get rid of those frags. Like you said, those shouldn't be on the AEFWs menu. I would still check them for pests just in case.

How is the FF digi looking and growing? That one was one of the first to settle in for me and start growing. Even while others perished, that piece didn't flinch.

Perhaps an ICP test if you've never done one. Might find something, might not. Worth the piece of mind, imo. Especially if you can't pin point a problem.

Just some thoughts. Really want to see you pull through this.

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last edited:

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't get rid of those frags. Like you said, those shouldn't be on the AEFWs menu. I would still check them for pests just in case.

How is the FF digi looking and growing? That one was one of the first to settle in for me and start growing. Even while others perished, that piece didn't flinch.

Perhaps an ICP test if you've never done one. Might find something, might not. Worth the piece of mind, imo. Especially if you can't pin point a problem.

Just some thoughts. Really want to see you pull through this.
The FF digi was paling and polyps closed through the worst of it, but polyps are starting to recover and the green near the tips is still present. Prior to the deaths, it was growing and colored fantastically. Hopefully it will get back there with a little time.

I've done an ICP test before but haven't yet in this instance, was hoping to see if just some regular old maintenance and patience would right the ship. :)

KJoFan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

thaveteran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may baste the one I have and see if anything appears. I won't rule out getting rid of it, but want to do some observation first.

However, silver lining I suppose, this is one way to get rid of AEFW. :rolleyes:

I’m surprised no one caught my mess up. What Jake found on his anacropora were normal flatworms. So you may be fine with the anacropora but still keep and eye out. Honestly I wouldn’t risk it for the green anacropora. If you were closer I’d give you a frag in a few months. No reason to risk it for one coral.

Fishfinder

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine encrusting
IMG_2745.JPG

MTBake

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a branch starting on the right side

A branch started growing on the side that faces the back of the tank. I can not get get decent pic of it with my phone.

I acquired my dad's Nikon D60 yesterday. I have batteries charging and I'm cleaning it up. Now I just need to learn how to use it, lol.

I also have a doser on the way. My little 40 gallon system is using over 1.6dkh per day. I've been dosing manually twice a day. I can't wait to see how the coral responds to even more stability;)

ESH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
November entry, so much growth!
31098077047_ded9177621_c.jpg

45312687094_9172d92e6f_c.jpg

o wait thats the mantis shrimp that escaped my refugium, that my main return pump caught and snapped in half. RIP little buddy!

kurtp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of this month's growth has been a branch that comes right at the camera in the angle I use for the official monthly entry photos so it doesn't show up well in those. Not wanting to sell my little guy short, I want to post two side view shots spanning the past month that show the growing branch better...

SnipesNovBranch.jpg

OctSniperSideShot.jpg

Not likely to win the contest, but the Sniper's is a star performer in my system. I am very pleased with it.

Norcalreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this things got legs once it gets going. A month and 9 days to pretty much encrust the whole plug. There’s also a branch growing straight out towards the glass.
85B3B875-615B-434B-9D74-A3C3348AAFAB.jpeg
A3BF87FF-07BD-4150-8D63-37F9B867030B.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back