BC Set For Stun?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

cartman5579

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a frag of this today at a local swap from THerman. At least this is what he called it anyways. I’m curious what a larger colony looks like? He’s gonna send a pic, but I’m assuming there is more out there.

I’ll post a pic of my frag when it settles in.

Last edited:

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Oh man you got lucky! This is a seriously cool gem. Sps master, Therman was able to keep this one alive after my original pieces crashed and burned. Very much to my delight. He was kind enough to hook me back up with a frag this winter and I am super thrilled to have it again.

It's a brutally deep blue with pink polyps like nothing else I've seen.

Good pick up man. It will a long time before I have any of this thing available myself.

Last edited:

therman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Here's the colony shot for posterity. This photo doesn't capture the pink polyps, it was under PAR that was a tad low at the time as well so they weren't in their prime. It is certainly a dandy though, a deep saturated rich blue with a teal base and tight knobby mini-table growth.

IMG_0019.jpg

OP
OP
C

cartman5579

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice! Thanks Tim. Looking forward to growing this one out. Currently sitting about 6” below the water line with 4”/sec of water movement so it should be happy. I’ll update once I get some growth!

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's the colony shot for posterity. This photo doesn't capture the pink polyps, it was under PAR that was a tad low at the time as well so they weren't in their prime. It is certainly a dandy though, a deep saturated rich blue with a teal base and tight knobby mini-table growth.

IMG_0019.jpg

Wow nice Tim! I gess I haven't seen that colony of yours in a good while. I had the best luck pulling out the pink under LEDS for sure, and it was getting hit with a good del of light for sure. The new frag is coming along as well.:)

thanks a lot for posting

Rakie

NOTED TROUBLEMAKER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aww the picture is down, haha. I've been trying to lookup a lot of Adams obscure stuff and it's almost never available due to those pesky photobucket updates.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 70 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.3%
Back