Bees, bees, bees

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok usually bees, wasps, snakes, scorpions, or Paris Hilton don't bother me but today I went upstairs in my house, a place where no one lives but there is an apartment there. I go up there occasionally to clean or fix the exhaust fan.
Before I went up we learned that our phone, which is attached to the wall, doesn't work. It rings but you can't talk.
Anyway, I see this dead bee on the floor so I get the vacuum to pick it up, then I see another, then another and so on. So I look around and on the wall air conditioner I see part of a wasp hive that looked old and dead.
Wrong.
I take the vacuum and suck up what I thought was a very small hive.
Wrong.
2,863 wasps come flying out and they were not happy, Most of them had a scowl on their face, if looks could kill?
Some of them were so big that they had to stay in the hive because their antlers wouldn't fit through the gate. Yes, this hive was so big, it had a gate.
So I stick the vacuum on the hole in the wall (which was really a gap in the Air conditioner side panel)
And I am sucking up wasps.
No problem.
Wrong.
The 2,863 wasps that had already come out are stinging me.
They got me good and those suckers really hurt, especially like now, 30 minutes later. My elbow is swelled up. I wouldn't mind if they stung me in my biceps, then at least I would look like I had muscles.
So as I am getting stung and holding the vacuum on the hole, sucking up bees, I take out my cell phone to call my wife downstairs.
Yep, the phone don't work. So I am screaming but she has the AC on and I have the vacuum on. I didn't want to put the vacuum down, but I was getting stung and I think these were the friendly wasps, the nasty ones, the ones with the leather jackets on were stuck in the hose of the vacuum, that antler thing again.
So finally my wife hears me and of course she takes her time coming upstairs, then screams. I looked like one of those guys that win contests for having bees all over them. So I drop the vacuum, still sucking and we run outside.
I found a can of that bug bomb stuff that you set in the room and leave. The stuff was over 33 years old because I bought it when I bought my house but never used it.
So I push the button and throw it in. It is supposed to emit a mist, but i guess it is no good after 33 years so it just sputtered. I wonder what that did to the carpet?
Anyway, a few minutes later I go up and find many of the little suckers are writhing on the floor but you could still faintly hear, "We will get you"
"WE know where you live" But it was very weak and I am sure it was an idol threat.
So I made a larger hole in the wall and after soaking the insulation with bee killer I sucked out the remaining dead wasps. Before I opened the vacuum, I sprayed wasp killer into it just to make sure. Then I dumped out the bag which was filled with hundreds of dead and dying bees.
So now I have no more bees, just a big hole in the wall and a house that smells like Napalm :rain:

3Twinklets

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to answer this in a very professional manner "WHAT THE @%&$ WERE YOU THINKING'!!!!!.:attention:I would strongly suggest that you do not light any matches in there.

Last edited:

spscrazy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
lol this is (sorry) so funny do wasps smoke :tongue: I got stung by a couple of wasps earlier this year & it felt like someone stabbed me with a hot darning needle hope you took some benedryl! and hope they are all dead dead dead!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it felt like someone stabbed me with a hot darning needle

Yes thats what the stings from the small ones feel like but when you get stung by the ones with the tatoos and leather jackets on, it is a diferent matter.
I don't know how many stings I have, but I have pains in places that I have never seen before. :tape:

Aquaph8

Love The Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW, if I was your wife I would've ran back down stairs to get the video camera. That's a sure fire way to get a grown man to scream like a girl!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually she came up with this thick brown stuff on her face and I think thats what saved me, the bees were more scared of her, than the vacuum.

Mike&Terry

Wrasses, Angels, & Tangs, Oh My!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry about the stings, but I have to say I have NEVER laughed so hard in my entire life as when I read your post. I believe you missed your true calling as you have an extraordinary gift for story telling!

-Terry

ps... I hope you have taken some Benadryl or other antihistamine. That venom can pack a punch...

Steelerfan747

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dude I feel sorry for your troubles but that is 1 funny story please post pics

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Pappy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's only weird the first time;) dude thx for the story. Next time please call a professional!

Last edited by a moderator:

NanoNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great story hahaha. i HATE Bees soon as the 2000+ came flying out, i would of all ready been out of that room!!!!!!!!11

LegoZ81

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My "favorite" wasp story was the one very early in the spring that was slow and half out of it b/c it was so cold. I came home from work to for lunch, felt something hit me in the head and just thought is was the chain for the screen door went on my way to eat my lunch. Sit down in my dark dining room (tank lights are not on yet) brush my head with my hand as it felt like my hair was messed up (the wasp was messing it up) and something ended up falling on my hand. I had just pulled my sandwich out of the bag with a bagillion pounds of lunchmeat on it so thought is was just a piece of bread or lunch meat and just narrowly missed chomping down on the wasp. I jump up, scream, (i am sure like a little girl) and the wasp is now "gone" on my dark brown hardwood floor. So now after jumping halfway out of my skin need to find out where this thing is to kill and remove it from my house. After a shaky five minutes I locate and squish the still have dazed wasp.
Worst yet it is a whole grain bread with sunflower seeds and junk, so I an trying to finish my lunch and every bite crunches like I am chomping down on bugs!
Needless to say my stomach was upset the rest of the day.

Even this does not hold a candle to your experience Paul! Best of luck with getting though the next couple of days with minimal discomfort.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you have taken some Benadryl or other antihistamine. That venom can pack a punch...

I am a Man (and besides I don't have any Benadryl)
I only take that stuff when a sting ray stings me, no when 7 sting rays sting me in the same spot.
7 huge sting rays with a social problem. 7 huge stingrays with a social problem and dog collars.
No, even then I am a man and just suck out the poison and chew on the spines.
Yeah, thats what I do,,,, Like a man

(anyone have Benadryl?) Ouch :attention:

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Pics of what? The tiny leather jackets that are now strewn all over the carpet?
Little bits of broken antlers?
Unmentionable parts of me that are now swollen that are not meant to be swollen?
Melted parts of the carpet where the 33 year old wasp spray pooled on it?
Or the gate to the nest that I will bring to the scrap yard when the swelling goes down?
(it was hard to remove with the door bell wires and all)

Last edited:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back