Beginner BioCube16 Here!

Welcome r2r.png
 
Hi! This my introduction post. Keegan at my local LFS said that this is the place to learn about reefing, so I joined! He has a small farm and has become somewhat of a mentor, which eases my worries a bit.

I’m a brand new aquarist & for my first tank I’m starting with a 16 Gallon BioCube. My planned livestock includes, anemone, 2 clowns, goby, pistol shrimp, CUC including conch snail, cleaner shrimp, feather duster, hermit crabs, pulsating xenia, GSP, softies and maybe a few LPS.

Here’s my first pass at a scape. I plan to take a week or so to build it. It feels big to be and I’m a little concerned on being right up against the back of the tank. But, maybe that’s unavoidable in a small tank like this, if I want a dynamic scape?

Please let me know your thought on my scape and livestock choices! I’ll also make a build thread. Nice to meet everyone!

Welcome! Glad you joined. CONGRATULATIONS on already having your build thread badge - YOU ARE ROCKING ALREADY!!!

This might help you find people local to you:
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/local-reef-club-discussion.516/
This is a good reference book type online article I still review:
https://www.reef2reef.com/ams/the-supreme-guide-to-setting-up-a-saltwater-reef-aquarium.84/
 
Hey! Thanks! I added the video and a pic to my build thread. Do you know how I can edit this welcome post? I don’t see the option…
I’m not sure but I’m sure someone will be able to help you do that.
 
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new