Benny the Starry Blenny. Ich?

Mnmbrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone! We just got this guy a week ago and I love him so much. Worried he may have Ich. Any thoughts? He’s healthy and seems active and happy. Eats well. But he dive bombs and rolls in the sand sometimes. Thought he was playing but not sure.

55BB09D3-56BA-4C45-BC2F-E0629BA0F4C4.jpeg 1C1C77C9-2373-41E1-A39A-C31B7B51268C.jpeg

ecas12

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my benny the starry blenny for a few months now and he only decided to do the sand roll once I added a one-spot foxface. Pretty sure it's a territorial thing because for the first two weeks I had the foxface my blenny would follow him around, sit on the rocks the foxface would eat off of, and give him a death stare lol. I am also pretty sure fish like blennies are less likely to develop ich because they are smaller fish. Mine has similar markings to yours and he is totally healthy.

benny1.jpg
benny2.jpg

ReeferCO

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a starry Blenny that also dive bombs the sand. I was worried about him at first but he’s been doing it for a very long time at this point and he is fat and happy. He is covered in white spots as well. I believe that these are common markings for the starry blenny.

OP
OP
Mnmbrix

Mnmbrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my benny the starry blenny for a few months now and he only decided to do the sand roll once I added a one-spot foxface. Pretty sure it's a territorial thing because for the first two weeks I had the foxface my blenny would follow him around, sit on the rocks the foxface would eat off of, and give him a death stare lol. I am also pretty sure fish like blennies are less likely to develop ich because they are smaller fish. Mine has similar markings to yours and he is totally healthy.

benny1.jpg
benny2.jpg
I love his face so much!!!! Thanks for the pictures :)

OP
OP
Mnmbrix

Mnmbrix

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a starry Blenny that also dive bombs the sand. I was worried about him at first but he’s been doing it for a very long time at this point and he is fat and happy. He is covered in white spots as well. I believe that these are common markings for the starry blenny.
Thanks a bunch!! Makes me feel
Better.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 43.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 30 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.2%
Back