Best Affordable RODI

thepeefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 7, 2024
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Qatar
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, could you guys help me find the best RODI that’s is under $140. I also want it to be effective at removing TDS and portable.

TIA
 
I'm not sure if they offer portable options but I use www.filterdirect.com for all my rodi ordering. There is tons of options and really good prices. Never had an issue with my model.
 
I also use the RO buddy, mine is 3 years old been working perfectly all this time.
 
The brand that makes the Buddy, AquaticLife, has a variety of models that have more features and benefits than Buddy. The Classic, which is near your budget at about $150, is 4-stage, 100gpd, and uses standard cartridges (= fast and nonproprietary). Plus you could probably add more stages later if desired. Click their Store page when you’re on Amazon. I’m pretty sure they’re affiliated with R2R, too.

One of the toughest things in this hobby is knowing how balance the budget with the need — like, why do the BRS equivalent models cost $50-$100 more than AquaticLife?? Sometimes buying cheap is great; other times only the premium brands seem to meet the need. Usually the answer is somewhere in between.
 
When I had my 150 gallon I had a really expensive unit and ended up giving it away when I took a break. For my 32.5 and 13.5 I bought the RODI buddie and have zero complaints. Does just as good in my opinion as my expensive unit for a fraction of the cost. If you want to be sure you could also pick up a cheap TDS meter.
 
IME the actual housings are so similar, I haven't found much difference or issues…(my actual unit, housing & canisters are a hodge podge mix of whatever was cheapest at the time)

Its the cartridges that seem to matter; brand wise Ive found word of mouth to be reliable, so Id bet the above advice is solid.

Just for sample/survey..
For carbon and resin I use BRS just for price/quality balance, but I get my actual RO membranes from Amazon, Filmtec I think….
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new