Best Dosing lines for Neptune Dose - Silicone?

Djtonton

Saltwater Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to fully screw the JG fitting all the way on? I did it the other way around. I fully screwed on the JG fitting first. When I tried seating the RO tubing all the way into the quick connect, I found the nubs got in the way and would not fully seat so I cut them off. Also, I had to liberally apply Plasto-Joint-Stik onto the threads. When I first did the mod, I didn5 put enough on and had some air leakage..

screwed on for me just fine. Have been using it this way for about a month no issue so far.

Thales

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Were you able to fully screw the JG fitting all the way on? I did it the other way around. I fully screwed on the JG fitting first. When I tried seating the RO tubing all the way into the quick connect, I found the nubs got in the way and would not fully seat so I cut them off. Also, I had to liberally apply Plasto-Joint-Stik onto the threads. When I first did the mod, I didn’t put enough on and had some air leakage..
When I did it that way I got leaks that I was able to get under control. When I put the ro first, no cutting, no paste or tape, no leaks. The nubs seem to stop block the tubing from going all the way in if the connectors as screwed on tight. Putting the tubing in first then screwing the connectors on seems to make it work more easily. YMMV

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the 1/4 in tubing from BRS because I wanted the tubing to look good, but down the road I realized that the tubing was the issue, it was to hard and didn't form over the DOS connections and caused air issues. I went to Lowes and bought some soft 1/4 in tubing and changed it and never had a problem since.

OP
OP
bar|none

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found out a con to silicon lines. They leak some gasses. I hooked up a silicon line for dosing mineral oil preserved Phyto and realized that the dosing lines actually smell because the smell just goes through them. Same with dosing vodka or carbon supplements.

I guess for those, will need to go back to regular or use RO lines.

Last edited:

Ross Petersen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just seeing this invaluable thread. Thanks for the discussion. Hopefully Neptune upgrades this pronto. At $300+ big ones, top-of-the-line tubing and connectors should be standard. Just my 2 cents

OP
OP
bar|none

bar|none

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Second downside to silicon. My cats love to chew them. Suddenly they weren't dosing right and I didn't realize they had small teeth holes in them ;).

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 71 30.1%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 67 28.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 50 21.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 46 19.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.8%
Back