Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Scurvy

Pirate Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The growth and shadowing is why I was thinking of adding a 4 bulb t5 with the kessil 360w tuna blue. I like the radion gen 4 but dont know if it will be enough for the 93cube by itself

what about a kessil ap700?

I think coverage would be similar with the AP700 as it would with a Radion. I'm with you on one light for simplicity sake. Gen 4 might be a little better coverage wise but it's been a bit since I looked at specs.

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
and no. the ap700 is not powerful enough

BPiers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep. 8 Bulb T5. I might add some ReefBrites onto mine, but I run E5 bulbs for a best of both worlds color and growth. Very happy!

BigDog008

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Funny to see this thread since I've gone through many many hoops with my 93 cube and lighting... so here's my take...

Originally I started out with two Kessil 360 WE Tuna Blues and two 24 watt T5's to supplement (Blue + and Coral +)... I had nice polyp extension on my SPS frags and all were happy... the issue with this setup was the aesthetics... I had originally gone with a cube setup for the more modern look which my wife also liked; having T5 bulbs and Kessils forced me to create a small canopy structure which was suspended from the ceiling, taking away from the modern aesthetics.

Next I decided to try out the Kessil AP 700 since both wife and I really liked the shimmer of the Kessil pendants. Initially it met all our criteria, modern look, shimmer, etc. but polyp extension was much less pronounced, and I was not interested in spending another $800 for another Kessil AP 700

Thus leading to the current state of things, Radion XR30w Pro Gen 4. I initially started off with one unit, and was very pleased (so I thought).... great light, fits into my Apex seamlessly, modern look, and very nice polyp extension. The issue I had was there was shadowing from just a single unit... To solve this, I installed another Radion XR30w Pro Gen 4 unit, and needless to say, no more shadowing!

Even if your budget allows for a single Radion XR30w Pro Gen 4, I highly suggest this light. It gives off a very clean light, good shimmer (though not Kessil shimmer), and wonderful polyp extension on SPS... costly unit? Most definitely, but you will be very satisfied :)

For what it's worth, I'm also running two MP60 QD's on my cube so the Radion seemed like the most logical choice to try from the Kessils.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 22.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 55 31.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back