Best small tank!

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im looking for a all in one tank no bigger then 15 gallons. i want something with great lighting and filtering! i have a biocube 29 now and hate it! its too big. and alot of work! i really want something with cool lights that will make corals pop!

Small triggers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not to be a naysayer, but the work doesn't get any less with a smaller tank...
Your better off getting an led upgrade for your current system and investing in some extra filtration, a skimmer, some media rack options...

mrs.nanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1 for innovative marine... I upgraded everything one mine though... also went from a bioactive as the upgrades never fit right in mine and was always a headache... built my im from the start the right way and it's been a pleasure... however I feel like if I would have done the proper research from the beginning and set up the bioactive up the right way from the beginning it would have been easier then piecing it together along the way.

Jgut3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Build your own it's a better route than kits. Par38 bulb over a rimless 11.3g cube is what I'm currently running. I really enjoy the set up.

OP
OP
B

Bradsreeeftank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks everyone but when couple of you said work dosnt get any less i dont understand..... But i was thinking of going with ecoxotic pico reef desktop!

Jgut3

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Smaller tanks take a lot more of work to keep within target parameters bc of the smaller water capacity. You have to stay of top of it. Bigger tanks have a luxury of being more stable. That's basically all they are saying not that you have to clean more or anything.

mrs.nanoreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Pico will take a lot of work to keep stable and you wont have much room for anything.... the pic they have with a couple fish is very deceiving. .. the build your own route aside from innovative marine I liked a lot I saw some really cool tanks that are nanos that are short and long that I would do if I didn't already have a nuvo 8 but I do love my nuvo

Waterchange

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stick some true lumen pro blue led in it, bam! Trust me smaller tank is a pain in the *** to keep clean and maintain. My 14 gallon is 4 years old and I still spend countless hours maintaining it

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm impressed w the IM systems myself. I just got the Nuvo 8. The stock lights a ok for lower light stuff but they have perfectly fitting replacements available with more watts if you want them. I have had another nano that's 18 gal for a couple years and honestly with a bare bottom maintenance is one hour per week max. I'm successfully growing a bunch of acros and montis in it and it's a pleasure. Never going back to a big tank. You just have to be very methodical and repeatable with a little tank, and obviously it's going to be much more about the coral than any fishes.

Last edited:

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 23 17.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 55 41.7%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 17 12.9%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 5.3%
Back