BigMc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank was filled up in August of 2017. It's had it's trials but I believe I've figured out a good maintenance regiment to keep it stable and thriving.

Red Sea Max Series.
Equipment:
4 XR30 Gen 4 Pros Radions; However the first 2 years of growth I have to give AI hydra 32s credit for. However the colors really kicked in after adding the Radions.

2 Gyre 250's + 4 wave makers built into the max series tanks. Yeah I don't play around when it comes to flow. Although anyone who wants a nice SPS tank shouldn't

Red Sea return pump (strong enough to run my algae scrubber and still kick out some great flow into the main display.

Clear Water Algae Scrubber 400 - Can't say I would buy this again. I added to help reduce algae and noticed little difference. It also produces lots of heat, which is to be expected, but in living in Arizona it's not ideal. That being said, noew that I took the time to set it up I didn't really want to bother with taking it out. I only run it at night, with hopes it helps balance my pH.

Life Guard Turbo Carbon reactor
- Love this piece. So simple but man it makes all the difference. The polyp extension on my sps is always better after replacing the carbon!

Red Sea Skimmer 900
- This skimmer was a great upgrade compared to the one that came with the tank. all in all quiet and stays adjusted.

2 Kamoer X4 dosers - I run red sea Foundation elements and No3po4X on one doser, On the other I run red sea trace color line. I was a little hesitant about this initially. Kamoer dosers aren't cheap, but I have to say I noticed a huge impact in colors that are harder to achieve in reef tanks. Yellows, pinks and blues started to pop and were bright and flourescent.

Fish:
This tank is jam packed!
Moorish Idol - he's been a tough one to keep. I feed about 3 times a day and add aminos to each meal.
Gem tang
Tomini Tang ( man what a job he does on algae)
Chromis School
Red Head Solon Wrasse
Target Mandaran
Tobacco Basslet
Flame hawk fish
3 Lyretail anthias
Six line wrasse

Oscar’s25Gal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This tank was filled up in August of 2017. It's had it's trials but I believe I've figured out a good maintenance regiment to keep it stable and thriving.

Red Sea Max Series.
Equipment:
4 XR30 Gen 4 Pros Radions; However the first 2 years of growth I have to give AI hydra 32s credit for. However the colors really kicked in after adding the Radions.

2 Gyre 250's + 4 wave makers built into the max series tanks. Yeah I don't play around when it comes to flow. Although anyone who wants a nice SPS tank shouldn't

Red Sea return pump (strong enough to run my algae scrubber and still kick out some great flow into the main display.

Clear Water Algae Scrubber 400 - Can't say I would buy this again. I added to help reduce algae and noticed little difference. It also produces lots of heat, which is to be expected, but in living in Arizona it's not ideal. That being said, noew that I took the time to set it up I didn't really want to bother with taking it out. I only run it at night, with hopes it helps balance my pH.

Life Guard Turbo Carbon reactor - Love this piece. So simple but man it makes all the difference. The polyp extension on my sps is always better after replacing the carbon!

Red Sea Skimmer 900 - This skimmer was a great upgrade compared to the one that came with the tank. all in all quiet and stays adjusted.

2 Kamoer X4 dosers - I run red sea Foundation elements and No3po4X on one doser, On the other I run red sea trace color line. I was a little hesitant about this initially. Kamoer dosers aren't cheap, but I have to say I noticed a huge impact in colors that are harder to achieve in reef tanks. Yellows, pinks and blues started to pop and were bright and flourescent.

Fish:
This tank is jam packed!
Moorish Idol - he's been a tough one to keep. I feed about 3 times a day and add aminos to each meal.
Gem tang
Tomini Tang ( man what a job he does on algae)
Chromis School
Red Head Solon Wrasse
Target Mandaran
Tobacco Basslet
Flame hawk fish
3 Lyretail anthias
Six line wrasse
sounds cool! Show us a pic :)

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back