Biggest Colony

Saltwatertaylor

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 1, 2011
Messages
532
Reaction score
2
Location
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love seeing full colony shots! Post a picture of your biggest ( or multiple ) colonies and tell us how small they were when you got them. Also how long you have been growing them would be interesting! Thank you!
 
I wish I had a colony, just a bunch of frags growing out. Hubby keeps asking why I do that. I like to watch things grow. Someday I will buy a colony just to shut him up. LOL
 
here is my biggest colony......my own Purple Madusa chalice......itsbout 13 inches accross....i got it about3 years ago when it was about 1" frag...it keeps changing in color...... it used to be purple now its blue with purple underlays

KirbysPurpleMadusa2.jpg
 
Last edited:
Green sinularia grown from a 2 inch frag. It was the first coral I ever owned and it's still with me over 4 years later.

IMG_1894.jpg


These Palys are my largest polyp colony.

IMG_9588.jpg
 
Here is my biggest colony. Its about 8" long. It was about half the size when i got it.
67aed4b7[1].jpg
 
I don't have it anymore, but I let this alien eye chalice grow out way before the chalice craze hit

DSCN2502.jpg


DSCN2500.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new