OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was kinda thinking about the scape, I plan on cementing the platform together on the right side and I also plan on adding a overhang on the right side, but also though about what to do on the platform when I do secure it and I am able to mess with it. Though the drawing is crude, let me know what you think.

1q_LI (3).jpg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i think i'm confused a little :rolleyes: but, i like the yellow overhang to the island;)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i think i'm confused a little :rolleyes: but, i like the yellow overhang to the island;)
I plan on raising the platform on the right side a little, just not sure how much yet. The light blue is just to build out that section a little to support anything higher. The red would be a layer that would raise a section of the platform and also have a small overhang to the left, the dark blue would just to stair step it so it doesn't look so flat. Again, the drawing is crude.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
People may ask why I plan on going with 5 Ecotech XR15 G5 Blues in a Hybrid setup vs 3 Ecotech XR30's. The reason is that I can lower the intensity of the right side to give me my Euphylia garden I wan't. ;)

Plus, as anyone who has multiple LED's and a par meter has figured out, the PAR is raised when you have multiple LED fixtures next to each other. For instance, my current tank is a 120 gal tank with a Hybrid setup with 2 XR15 G4 Pros, when I checked the par readings the PAR on the left and right side of the tank drops off dramatically while the center between the 2 XR15's is at almost the same PAR as under the light. Below is a PAR map of my 120 gal tank.

Aquatic Life.png

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bill, I like the shelf rock look so much, I'm thinking about ordering some and redoing the rockscape in my 90g. I really like the look and it makes for lots of room to put corals! Thanks for showing it off.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trying to decide which set of tangs to go with.

Achilles tang
D. Sailfin tang
Blonde Naso tang
Tomini tang
Purple tang
Gem tang

or

Achilles tang
D. Sailfin tang
Blonde Naso tang
Tomini tang
My 5 in Gold Rim tang
Convict tang

Along with this list of wrasses, though I may either drop a wrasse or two for a leopard wrasse of some sort, or just add it as a 7th wrasse, LOL!!!

Eight Line Flasher wrasse
Lunate Fairy wrasse
Lineatus Fairy wrasse
Pintail Fairy wrasse
Rhomboid Fairy wrasse
Blue Flasher wrasse

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi,i like list two,one catch ,add the gem;)there will be lots of open swimming room;)
My friend is trying to talk me into 8 plus tangs, LOL!!! I am just concerned with the load 6 tangs will put on a 225 gal. Its a big tank, but anyone who owns tangs know when they drop a bomb, ITS A BOMB. I originally was only going to go with 4 tangs, I may add the Gem, still a little early to finalize the list. I am already planning on making a change to the size skimmer I was planning on using. I was going to go with a Reef Octopus Regal 200SSS, now I plan on going to a Regal 250SSS.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
umm,"looks left,looks right"TANG POLICE...;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
Good call on skimmer,poss go 1 larger for the upgrade:oops: what 2-3 yrs max;)

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That aquascape is looking great man!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That aquascape is looking great man!
Thanks Rev, its still a work in progress. Hopefully this weekend I will be able to secure most of the scape so I can finish it, and any extra overhangs and such.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I start to concrete the structure this weekend I plan on taking one of the rocks and break it up with a hammer, almost to a powder, so I can sprinkle it on the concrete to hide areas where it is visible.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry ,i really did not mean to call the fuzz on you ;Facepalm :);)
I speak to the ULITIMATE TANG AUTHORITY, LOL!!! ;Hilarious

The only tang that will eventually outgrow the tank will be the Blonde Naso tang. The reason for as many as listed is to disperse aggression.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL..1 other desjardini ;)
Possibly, I never had one. Only Zebrasoma I had was a Purple tang. If that's the case then even better, I will remove both at one time and replace with the same, thus changing the tang structure enough to reset it.

Mr. Fishy Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My friend is trying to talk me into 8 plus tangs, LOL!!! I am just concerned with the load 6 tangs will put on a 225 gal. Its a big tank, but anyone who owns tangs know when they drop a bomb, ITS A BOMB. I originally was only going to go with 4 tangs, I may add the Gem, still a little early to finalize the list. I am already planning on making a change to the size skimmer I was planning on using. I was going to go with a Reef Octopus Regal 200SSS, now I plan on going to a Regal 250SSS.

Personally, I went for the Regal 300SSS instead of the 250SSS since the 250SSS and 300SSS are basically the same price. Considering your tangs I'd go for the 300SSS to be safe. Just my 2 cents. Totally up to you both will work great IMO.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back