OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am at 22.4 N03 and .04 P04. I just dosed another 80 ml of NeoPhos to raise my P04. I will stop the AWC shortly. I want to get the N03 down below 20, actually below 10 to compensate for when I do a black out.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any possibility of a Tang spam? ;Wideyed;Woot;Troll
I try to please, but, the tangs were not coroporating...LOL, and I later found that I had a finger print on the filter...UGH!!!

20211008_182958.jpg
20211008_183001.jpg
20211008_182853.jpg
20211008_182812.jpg
20211008_182809.jpg
20211008_182629.jpg

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
K, I received my first batch of Tropic Marin Pro in the 160 gal box, and, I am not impressed with the packaging. It has a clip on the bag and is not heat sealed like HW Marine. I find this an issue when you order 10 or so boxes and store it.
I thought that would be an issue as well, but I would dump a 200G back back into a non-airtight container and would have minimal clumping. The clumping that I did have would easily disintegrate when put into my mixing container. In comparison, I have to chip away IO from the same container before using it. Don't judge quite yet ;)
I should be getting my Trident back by the middle of next week. I do not like the transparency of their customer service, as I do not know what has been done to my Trident so far. I had to hit them up on the ticket Neptune created on my Trident to see what was going on. Either way it has been shipped.
I heard on the BRS Facebook group that Terrance has mutually stepped away from Neptune. I know he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Maybe it's the plan of BRS to rid of him to rebrand Neptune and fix their customer service.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought that would be an issue as well, but I would dump a 200G back back into a non-airtight container and would have minimal clumping. The clumping that I did have would easily disintegrate when put into my mixing container. In comparison, I have to chip away IO from the same container before using it. Don't judge quite yet ;)

I heard on the BRS Facebook group that Terrance has mutually stepped away from Neptune. I know he rubbed a lot of people the wrong way. Maybe it's the plan of BRS to rid of him to rebrand Neptune and fix their customer service.
Terrance did a lot for Neptune, I can not say he didn't, and I will give him his credit were credit is due. He did bring Neptune and a controller environment to the forefront with his outgoingness. That being said, I am a total polar opposite of him for several reasons.

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Terrance did a lot for Neptune, I can not say he didn't, and I will give him his credit were credit is due. He did bring Neptune and a controller environment to the forefront with his outgoingness. That being said, I am a total polar opposite of him for several reasons.
I agree 100%. He was a huge part of the success of the company, but I don't agree with his attitude and personality as the face of the business.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered my CuC. I ordered 300 Dwarf Cerith snails, 50 Florida Cerith snails, and 20 Nerite snails to help deal with the Diatoms and algae.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tested my N03 ad P04 last night and it was at 13.4 N04 and 0.02 P04. I added 80ml NeoPhos last night, and again today. I stopped my AWC...THANK YOU GOD...as my parameters are low enough for me to do a black out. Doing 8 gals daily was costing me a small fortune in salt...UGH!!! I was having to make a new 100 gal batch every several days. SO almost one box of HW Marine Reefer mix every time.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first day of my 3 day black out. I timed it so that when I turn on the lights on Friday, I will also be adding a big CuC. I will try to give them a head start to combat the algae.

I will also be adding a Crescent Tail Fairy wrasse from @tsmaquatics.

Operator Wrasse

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first day of my 3 day black out. I timed it so that when I turn on the lights on Friday, I will also be adding a big CuC. I will try to give them a head start to combat the algae.

I will also be adding a Crescent Tail Fairy wrasse from @tsmaquatics.
I can't wait to use TSM Aquatics to stock my tank. If I give them a huge list, will they work with me to stock in groups? Lots of tangs and wrasses for me :)

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to use TSM Aquatics to stock my tank. If I give them a huge list, will they work with me to stock in groups? Lots of tangs and wrasses for me :)
They held fish for me in order for all tangs to get thru QT, you just need to email them and call them to set it up. They were very easy to work with.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...I guess I will not be hooking up my Trident today as it will be going back. I sent Apex a Trident that was intact and in perfect order structure wise, and I receive in return a Trident that is in several pieces...HMMM!!!

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well...I guess I will not be hooking up my Trident today as it will be going back. I sent Apex a Trident that was intact and in perfect order structure wise, and I receive in return a Trident that is in several pieces...HMMM!!!
That's complete BS......

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Postal carries being "carful" with packages is more like
employee of the month ups GIF

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have to worry about the so called NSI I signed as they have told me nothing of what has been done to the equipment that I sent in. Neptune, I seriously doubt sent me my Trident in this fashion, BUT, they are responsible for the packing. I sent them my Trident in a oversized box, and packaged in peanuts, roughly 2 plus inchs on each side. They sent my Trident back in a box that is almost the same size as the Trident box packaged in a single layer of bubble wrap that only hit 3 sides of the box that my Trident was originally sent it. Remember that Neptune says to keep the original box.

Below are pictures of my Trident. I am not saying that it is destroyed, but in pieces. When you see the front plate and the back plate detached from the Trident, and you see pieces dropping out when you open the reagent tray, that inlayer found out was thevtab that actually holds the back plate on, and the back tabs of the unicorn housing broken, their might be an issue. This tells me it at least took a shock to the back end of the Trident. Now I ask this, after knowing it took a shock that was big enough to do that, would you trust it, or question what other damage it may have done?

20211013_160701.jpg
20211013_160710.jpg
20211013_160719.jpg
20211013_160726.jpg
20211013_160732.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just dumped my last box of HW Marine Reefer mix into my 5 gal bucket. From here on out it will be something else. I made the switch to Tropic Marin Pro. I will check it out and see if I like it. I actually liked HW Marine Reefer mix, the only problem is that BRS is the only vendor that carries it. I do not want to be tied to any vendor as a must. Switching to a salt that is more easily available opens up the possibility for me to buy from someone else.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I turned my lights back on, and after a 3 day black out, I am surprised that more algae didn't die off. It go's to show you that GHA and some other forms of algae are not effected much my a black out. I wanted to knock it back before I added the new CuC to help it out.

Now I am just waiting on the delivery of my CuC and my Crescent Tail Fairy wrasse.

Scared Still Waiting GIF by Looney Tunes

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am such a PROUD PAPA today. I looked and I am seeing scalpels starting to grow out of my True Blonde Naso tang and the start of orange highlights around them. He or She is growing up...LOL!!!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 83 76.1%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 13 11.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back