SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just plugged in my ATO pump to the 24vdc outlet on one of my EB832's, and guess what, the pump works fine. neither one of my 24vdc outlets on 2 different FMM module work all of a sudden.

Man I can not wait for Tunze to come out with another ATO. I should have never given away my Tunze 3155.
At least 1 of my FMMs keeps shutting down every 2 months or so and needs rebooting, I find it’s these add ons that aren’t brilliant and I for one won’t be replacing any of them.

Infact it’s 2 because the one on my S650 on the ATK failed out of the box. Hence I have the Osmolator in the big tank.

Ive gone for float switches were needed into the breakout box which seem to be mechanical and more reliable

I like Apex, its very easy to use, but you just get problems from time to time, as you know all to well.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

My Gem Tang Is Watching You
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOOK at that coralline...;Woot
i remember that rock ,white and on the floor...;):cool:
Its the one thing I have ABSOLUTLY no problem growing...LOL!!! The frag rack is clear acrylic and was only added a few months ago, now it is completely covered.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A continuation of the photos drop from yesterday. I am still going thru them as I kinda went camera crazy, LOL!!!

20220116_171243.jpg
20220116_171206.jpg
20220116_171202.jpg
20220116_171121.jpg

On the 2nd to last photo, you can see where my Blonde Naso was spurred by someone. I am guessing the Gem tang.

On the 2nd photo, you can actually see the spurs growing on my Blonde Naso tang. Also, gotta love the photo bomb of the Scarlett Skunk Cleaner shrimp in the same photo, LOL!!!

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its funny how fish are. I could almost never get a good photo of my True Blonde Naso tang and almost always got photos of my D. Sailfin tang. With this batch of photos I seem to have gotten a ton of photos of my True Blonde Naso tang and none of my D. Sailfin tang. o_Oo_Oo_O

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't you hate it when you come home and see that one of your fish fragged a frag...UGH!!! I come home today to see that the top 3rd of my BC Bubblebath Unicorn is gone. Hopefully it will cause the frag to start to grow quicker.

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a chance this time and simply dropped off my Triton test kit simply by putting it in my mailbox, as they do come with a free return label. I just received a response saying they received it, and in truth, it was no slower than sending it 2nd day shipping thru USPS. I actually saved several dollars not having to send it USPS and I received the same response time. I am just saying that Triton and the shipping label they attach to the test is legit. I will, for now on, simply put the test in my mailbox. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went thru my plumbing to make sure I didn't miss anything, and now, I am mixing a 100 gals of saltwater. I am trying to make sure I am as prepared to do the return change as I can be. I am not worried about the oxygen as my Gyre 350's will create enough turbulence to add oxygen to the tank. If for some reason I need to, I can add oxygen pumps to the tank, though it should not be needed as the tank should be able to go 7+ hours. I am also in the process of mixing 100 gals of saltwater in my mixing station to add when I remove the return bulkheads. I will have to drop the water level to remove the bulkheads. Thankfully, I will not have to drop it as low as I would if my external overflow box was involved. Either way, prepare for the worst, HOPE for the best. ;)

GHL Flow meters and Abyzz A200 here I come. :eek: :eek: :eek:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why Oh Why did I decide to redu my returns, LOL!!! ;Facepalm ;Hilarious

This is going to be a major pain doing this. I feel I got it where I need it to tear out the returns, I am just waiting in the temp tank to get up to 78 degrees because when I turn off the returns the heaters in the sump are no longer effective. I started to cut a glue a few smaller pieces, mainly the pvc, unions, and fitting for the bulkheads and flow sensors. It will help cut down on a little time.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why Oh Why did I decide to redu my returns, LOL!!! ;Facepalm ;Hilarious

This is going to be a major pain doing this. I feel I got it where I need it to tear out the returns, I am just waiting in the temp tank to get up to 78 degrees because when I turn off the returns the heaters in the sump are no longer effective. I started to cut a glue a few smaller pieces, mainly the pvc, unions, and fitting for the bulkheads and flow sensors. It will help cut down on a little time.
Did you remember to do ’the sign of the cross’ on your chest and say hale Mary?!

Have you got a back up plan, in case something happens, like can you quickly put the original pumps back it, maybe put a union connector in or something so you can put everything back as it was?

Just thinking, I was in a similar position doing some modifications to the S650 downpipe. I remember sitting there, looking at cutting the pipe, and life support, for ages…….

Anyway, come on man, and we need some pictures, of your pain, sorry handy work!! Lol

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you remember to do ’the sign of the cross’ on your chest and say hale Mary?!

Have you got a back up plan, in case something happens, like can you quickly put the original pumps back it, maybe put a union connector in or something so you can put everything back as it was?

Just thinking, I was in a similar position doing some modifications to the St50 downpipe. I remember sitting there, looking at cutting the pipe, and life support, for ages…….

Anyway, come on man, and we need some pictures, of your pain, sorry handy work!! Lol
If need be, I feel I could run the tank for 24hrs without the returns running. Its about major turbulence on the water surface and heating it at the same time.

No pictures of my pain, as those will always remain private...LOL!!! ;Hilarious :eek:

OP
OP
Billldg

Billldg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right return has been removed, minus, the bulkhead, I am still trying to raise the overall tank temp a bit more. I still have 1 return pump running and providing oxygen. Once I turn it off is when the clock starts.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back