bio-pellets

I run biopellets and had a Montipora the size of a dinner plate, successfully. Sadly, I have dinos which have almost completely obliterated the monti, but I do not think the biopellets had any ill-effect on the monti - as I have been running them from the beginning of that tank.
 
I run biopellets and had a Montipora the size of a dinner plate, successfully. Sadly, I have dinos which have almost completely obliterated the monti, but I do not think the biopellets had any ill-effect on the monti - as I have been running them from the beginning of that tank.
You biopellets are probably giving you dinos. Pellets are very effective at stripping out phosphates and nitrates, and keeping them at 0.
 
You biopellets are probably giving you dinos. Pellets are very effective at stripping out phosphates and nitrates, and keeping them at 0.
My phosphatase are at .08 and my nitrates are at 7.5.....they raised once I turned off the GFO, and stopped the water changes. The biopellets may have contributed some, but I don't think it is main issue. Ran 5 years with no dinos (running biopellets, GFO and chemipure) and just recently had a bloom.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new