Bioballs Question

  • Thread starter Thread starter Cadesun
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Cadesun

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 4, 2016
Messages
9
Reaction score
2
Location
Chicago
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all

I recently broke down a modded Aqueon evolve temporarily. I was using bioballs for filtration. I am going to set up the Aqueon again in the next month or so, but what should I do with the bioballs? Right now I have them soaking in a bucket of tank water. How much filtration will i lose if I vinegar bath them and start over vs some potential bacterial dieoff from them sitting in a bucket for a month? I don't often use these but they work well in the modded aqueon setup.
 
I know those are superior, but sometimes free beats superior... especially with my 3rd tank. Any other input?
 
Hi all

I recently broke down a modded Aqueon evolve temporarily. I was using bioballs for filtration. I am going to set up the Aqueon again in the next month or so, but what should I do with the bioballs? Right now I have them soaking in a bucket of tank water. How much filtration will i lose if I vinegar bath them and start over vs some potential bacterial dieoff from them sitting in a bucket for a month? I don't often use these but they work well in the modded aqueon setup.
How much live rock is in the system? With bioballs sitting in bucket of water I'm fairly certain most beneficial bacteria has already died off.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new