Biocube LED lights good enough for corals?

oscar ortiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I
IMG_7350.JPG

These are the LED's in my biocube they are stock but they are better than previous biocube models lights, im keeping some lps and sps right now cause i got the corals really cheap but one of my LFS told me that the alot of the corals wont survive expect the soft corals and birdnest and i want an opinion from this forum if i could keep them im keeping some monticap, leptoseris, raptors claw, acropora, birdnest, zoas and mushrooms and i placed the hard corals about midway in tank in direct light and so far everything looks good, adding trace elements weekly and keeping up on my water quality

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
acropora,
probably not this unless your particularly skilled. Id recommend automated dosing. they really do require some extra care, it not just about light.
Do you have a link to the tank from the manufacturer? Ill take a look.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have same tank with scolys, symphyllia, a lobo, turbinaria, acans, sympodium, cabbage leather, joker candy cane, plate coral, a moonstone , other favia and, forever I guess, GSP. All seem to be doing pretty well, of course, some better than others. A LFS here tried some acropora but they did not last more than a month - could have been light I think.

OP
OP
oscar ortiz

oscar ortiz

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7351.PNG
probably not this unless your particularly skilled. Id recommend automated dosing. they really do require some extra care, it not just about light.
Do you have a link to the tank from the manufacturer? Ill take a look.
these are the stats

saltyfilmfolks

Lights! Camera! Reef!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7351.PNG
these are the stats
cool. Lets keep in mind SPS is broad term. Theres coral that likes and takes light as high as many acros do that are softies. There are many great SPS that prefer lower pars as well.

its possible with stable dosing and and setting acros higher in a higher flow it may work, but look for "easy acros" Walt disney, prob not.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 9.0%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.3%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 43 32.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back