Biocube media basket

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aidanwolf
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Aidanwolf

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 25, 2017
Messages
570
Reaction score
262
Location
Clayton,GA
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to build a biocube media basket,I had to rip the plastic lips on the side of the second chamber to get my first one to fit, it fit then one day i had to take it out, but it just fell apart I used ge waterproof sillcon 1, which is aquarium safe, any idea on how i should build the new one? I also want to build a fuge basket.
 
Oh and it is the coralife 29 gallon biocube.
 
I am in north west florida, near destin and pensacola.
 
Thanks for the offer anyways, so I saw That eggcrate and zip ties is my best bet, but the two forums that I found didnt have much information on how they built it.
 
Silicone doesn't bond well to plastics. I use acrylic and acrylic solvent.

media_rack-2.jpg
 
What kind of acrylic solvent do you use?
 
Thanks i might try that,the sillcon I was using just peeled off so easly and wouldn't hold the acrylic together.
 
Why don't you just buy the intank version? I know it doesn't satisfy the Inner DIYer and they are a little pricey but after you buy acrylic and the bonding agents and pay for any shipping and have to tweak it a couple times it might not be any cheaper than just ordering the intank version. I bought the intank version for my 14 gallon biocube and for a little Fluval 2.5 gallon freshwater and they are pretty sweet . Good luck whichever way you go.
 
I think one of the most important things that you get with the InTank basket is the flow diverter. It forces all the water from chamber 1 to go into and through the media basket.
 
I bought an InTank basket for my little niece's Fluval Spec V tank I got her. I am patiently waiting for them to release the one for the Fluval Evo Marine 13.5. I won't even set the tank up without it because the stock filtration is such crap. And it's only a QT tank, but the InTank baskets are definitely worth it imo.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new