Biocube question

Dexter922

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey everyone. New to the site and fairly need to keeping a reef system. Had some questions I wanted to run by everyone and ask.

First my system:
-Biocube 32 led (stock lighting)
-40lbs live rock
-20lbs live sand
-Seeded fug and main tank 3x with various pods to try and build up healthy pod population.
-Heater is in my 3rd chamber with return pump.
-mid chamber is have split using 2 in-tank media baskets. One being used as my fug with chaeto(red growing light mounted outside of biocube). Main media basket is running: filter pad on top, followed by bio/media balls, and then Chemipure blue.
-tank has two clowns, one lawnmower blenny, and a standard clean up crew consisting of different snails(x12), hermits(x2) and emerald crabs(x2).

First question is , someone gave me v1 biocube protein skimmer for 14/29 models. Being as mine is a 32, and this model was meant for up to the 29, would it have any issues working my slightly larger tank? Just set it up, it fit fineand seems to be working, so just curious.

Also, same person gave me the biocube mini uv sterilizer that you mount between return pump and nozzle. Wanted opinions on this? Isn’t it also going to kill off some off my good bacteria?

And finally, had questions about upgrading lights to Steve’s leds? Good? Bad? And maybe any other advice/upgrades everyone might have for me.
Appreciate the help and any guidance.

Flreefjunky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use that same uv sterilizer as well as Steves led lights. I use the sterilizer for water clarity and some mitigation against pests. I have been running Steves leds for about a year now with no issues and can grow anything I want. I have no issue with the couple sps and lps corals I have.

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 12 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 46 34.1%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 44 32.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back