Birdsnest RTN

  • Thread starter Thread starter jasonrusso
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I had a slimer stn'n on me, from a alk swing, so I cut it after watching it slowly recede for 3 days. I cut it about a 1/2" above the bare skeleton, leaving some flesh. Long story short the flesh is entrusting right back down the dead skeleton.. don't know where I was going with that!?
20170902_132103.jpg
20170909_145221.jpg
20180305_114103-01.jpeg

Slimer is top right, in the last picture
 
All dead tonight. I removed it from the tank. I will get another one and place it further from the acan.
 
Definitely the acan. They do have long tenticles. I've come home to see one of my acans trying to swallow a Duncan a few times. Also found another acan with some kind of white spider web thing wrapped around a favia. Killed it over night.
 
If it changed from one day to the next I would assume it got stung. It does look very close to that acan in the picture. Even if the tentacles can't reach, they can still do chemical warfare.
I agree. The Acan did it
 
Could be too close to that acan. Sometime lps filaments can get pretty long. I had a lobo attack a button scoly 3 inches away and killed half over night.

No saying it’s the definite cause, but potential.
I was going to say the same thing. Acan is probably stinging it at night which will quickly kill the birds nest. Move and frag whats still healthy.
 
I've read that statement several times before, and I don't really agree with it.

Explain the difference between someone with GHA consuming Phosphate and someone with a refugium growing chaeto. Would you say that someone growing chaeto is getting a false test?
What Jason said! :-). Your nitrate and phosphate levels are exactly what they are. Having a refugium, gfo, skimmer, or algae in the tank will help reduce the nutrient levels (that’s what they are there for after all). I agree that if you are reading 0 nitrate it doesn’t mean that you’re not creating it, but that your equipment/algae/feeding schedule is keeping up with the load. If you test your water, and it’s 0, then it’s 0. How does the test know the configuration of a tank? It doesn’t - it’s just telling you the amount in the current sample.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new